US Politics Thread

I'm not here to spoon feed you. Look it up. It's all there, court cases, convictions, extracts from diaries. If you don't wanna believe it then don't, it's still true anyway.

And how I would vote is nothing to do with it. I was initially replying about Biden being a "decent" man, which I said I don't think a decent man based on his comments on racial integration in the past and his daughter saying he took inappropriate showers with her.

I don't know what Trump has to do with all that? People are mental and think you can't point out a negative thing about Biden without loving Trump.

I don't care for either of them. Not everything is binary, just because Trump is bad it doesn't mean Biden is good, or vice versa. It just seems a lot of people on here have this very binary way of thinking, which basically means you're quite simple and can only think in black and white terms.
See, the way it works in election is, you have to make a choice. Or choose not to vote.

But we already know how you’d vote, so asking you is pointless.

If a manager of a leading football team chose to play a 36 year old at centre forward, for better or worse, he would have to appreciate that decision came with higher expectations than if he’d picked a 28 year old. And greater risk.

The mistakes and shortcomings of that player would be more assiduously scrutinised, and the consequences of that decision not succeeding would inevitably be greater. You take a risk, then be prepared to deal with the consequences if it doesn’t come off. And an 81 year old running for President plainly carries inherent risk.

This is what the whataboutary merchants conspicuously fail to appreciate.

Because of his age, and the public perception of his mental acuity, Biden will not be afforded the same levity as his 78 year old opponent, and the game is therefore more unforgiving and brutal towards him. It’s simple maths.

I’m not sure why this is hard for peoole to appreciate.

Honestly, I do now think this election is being handed to Trump on a plate. Which is a truly horrendous prospect. It's not just that Biden is 81 now. If he gets re-elected he effectively gets a four-year contract. That would take him into his mid-eighties. Crazy, really. Sure, anybody can make a mistake, but it's pretty astonishing to me that you say Putin in a press conference when you mean Zelensky.
Part of my astonishment is that the Democrats have gone from having one of the coolest, sharpest presidents that the United States have ever had to Joe Biden. And that they don't seem to have anyone else as a credible alternative.

Honestly, I do now think this election is being handed to Trump on a plate. Which is a truly horrendous prospect. It's not just that Biden is 81 now. If he gets re-elected he effectively gets a four-year contract. That would take him into his mid-eighties. Crazy, really. Sure, anybody can make a mistake, but it's pretty astonishing to me that you say Putin in a press conference when you mean Zelensky.
Part of my astonishment is that the Democrats have gone from having one of the coolest, sharpest presidents that the United States have ever had to Joe Biden. And that they don't seem to have anyone else as a credible alternative.
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with Joe Biden’s record as president. He’s achieved more than anyone imagined he would.

Unfortunately that doesn’t matter when it comes to re-election. The perception to too many people is that he’s a dithering senile old man who doesn’t know what he’s doing and he’ll lose the election because of that.

He needs to bow out gracefully and let someone younger succeed him to take on and beat the orange rapist in the election.

I think one subtext is that Biden leaving for age would actually leave Trump open to a potentially devastating attack on the perception of his suitability on the exact same grounds.

The timing could be great. And they only need a few percent.

If a manager of a leading football team chose to play a 36 year old at centre forward, for better or worse, he would have to appreciate that decision came with higher expectations than if he’d picked a 28 year old. And greater risk.

The mistakes and shortcomings of that player would be more assiduously scrutinised, and the consequences of that decision not succeeding would inevitably be greater. You take a risk, then be prepared to deal with the consequences if it doesn’t come off. And an 81 year old running for President plainly carries inherent risk.

This is what the whataboutary merchants conspicuously fail to appreciate.

Because of his age, and the public perception of his mental acuity, Biden will not be afforded the same levity as his 78 year old opponent, and the game is therefore more unforgiving and brutal towards him. It’s simple maths.

I’m not sure why this is hard for peoole to appreciate.

I feel you give people too much credit. Or you give stupid people your attention.

Nobody of any intelligence REALLY has major concerns about the mental faculties of Biden any more than people REALLY think Trump is the next Hitler and going to be a dictator. These are all just catchy social media led engagement farming to create narratives that are unprovable, absolutely nothing to do with any sort of policy, and designed to hurt the other guy by innuendo and they're self confirming. He made a salient point at NATO where he said what's the point of another test because if I take 7 then they'll need 8. It's not a real concern.

This is nothing to do with age and everything to do with how completely broken American political narratives and the absolute lunatics that surround it are. If it wasn't his age, they'd find something else. Because the point isn't the age or the stumbles, its to have a convenient and easily understood stick to beat the other guy with. This one was just easy to find.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.