US Politics Thread | Biden withdraws from Presidential election race

A different man on his rally last night. Came across and vibrant and determined.

Maybe he needs a crowd to riff off? He made a couple of mistakes and owned them and ripped into Trump into a way I've not seen him do before.
My issue is not that he isn't capable. It's that he is a risk as he can't always deliver. The first debate was a failure. Dems can't afford a candidate that might put in sub par performance in the run in.

Dems are in a real bind. In my view the best option is to find a new candidate. But it might not happen and if that's the case then Biden it is. He could be in a coma and still be a better option than Trump.

The gullible Right emerges. Energized by Biden's obvious frailty. Now a stolen diary written by a distraught daughter who went through a very hard spell of life and wrote things off the cuff are proof positive that Biden is a pedophile. In spite of said daughter absolutely denying the accusation; in spite of zero evidence other than some cobbled together amplifications/intentional misinterpretations of fact.

I concede that the passage in Ashley Biden's diary where she scribbled a brief sentence about "probably not appropriate" showers while in a clearly confused state of mind seems to be authentic. Given her state of mind when writing this passage it comes across as more of a stream of conscious wondering from a likely intoxicated mind, rather than an accusation against her father.

Let's say, for example, that Biden is actually a pedophile. Then why isn't the diary full of passages about Biden's molestation? Where are the other children whom a true pedophile would molest? Why hasn't Ashley Biden now, or in the past, ever leveled accusations of pedophila against her father? What about Jill Biden? If a mother thought that her husband was sexually molesting her daughter, 99.9% of them would demand divorce and seek full custody.

The accusations about Biden being "a pedophile" and "not a nice guy" are total bullshit - it's the Right's politicization of events, warping the narrative to bring down a democrat.

Meanwhile, their convicted felon with actual documented, proven evidence, court records included, is somehow not to be condemned. The guy had sex with a prostitute while married; and paid hush money to her during an election campaign in order to keep her quiet; and then lied about the expenses. Numerous other court cases against their guy are underway, including mishandling of classified documents and promoting sedition- but no, all of this is conspiracy.

TL/DR - Biden's extremely poor performance in the debate energizes and emboldens the MAGA Right to make further completely unfounded attacks on Biden. And Joe's performance in the debate is so depressing to the Left, that the tendency is to give in to despondency - a mindset which results in lack of enthusiasm to push back against ridiculous claims by the MAGA Right.

FWIW - I think that BIden is old, but would be competent as president. I'm not sure if he'd live out his next term, but if he were to pass away while in office, Harris would assume power and I've every confidence in her ability to govern. Meanwhile, there's no recovering from Biden's debate debacle no matter how hard he tries. Any slight slip, however innocent, will be jumped on by the Right to insist that Biden is incompetent. Any major gaff would be far worse - and I suspect that Biden has several major gaffs in store should he continue to run.

Me?

I don't vote right...

Anyway I agree with plenty of what you say. All I said is i don't believe he is a "decent" guy, that's all. There's plenty in his history to make me think that (not the diary) and I won't change my mind on that. He's been handled with kid gloves by a lot of the mainstream media over the years when there's plenty they've swept under the carpet when others wouldn't get that. Anyway people are dwelling on the diary thing, it was just something I pointed out. At the end of the day people and the media sunk their teeth into Trump talking about grabbing women by the pussy and that's fair enough. but hardly peep about Biden's daughter saying he took inappropriate showers with her on a page talking about being molested and her issues and things like that. If that was Trump's daughter, you know it would be all over the media and don't say it wouldn't be because you are completely lying and/or in denial if you think it wouldn't be. I'd have little respect for anyone who dares to pretend it wouldn't be. It doesn't make me a Biden hater or Trump lover, I'm neither, I just see things for what they are.

Biden has been deteriorating since before the last election, the signs were there, many pointed it out. But it's been denied and denied, people saying Right wing people are making it up and the media glossing over it and now it's got the point where there's an old man on stage losing his faculties and becoming a laughing stock all over the world when its not actually funny. It should have been taken more seriously when anybody without a biased view could see it. The people around him must have been seeing it.

My point has always been people think in a binary way, everything has to be one or the other, so just because they dislike Trump it makes Biden's character untouchable, or vice versa. Essentially brainwashed to think one way or the other to the point of being demented about it.

I'm not quite sure Kamala Harris would make a good president but I'll save that for a conversation when it happens. Then again, she has to be better than a guy looking like he'd more likely be in a care home in 4 years, not seeing out another term.

A different man on his rally last night. Came across and vibrant and determined.

Maybe he needs a crowd to riff off? He made a couple of mistakes and owned them and ripped into Trump into a way I've not seen him do before.

Old folk with dementia have good days and bad days, until it completely takes over

Me?

I don't vote right...

Anyway I agree with plenty of what you say. All I said is i don't believe he is a "decent" guy, that's all. There's plenty in his history to make me think that (not the diary) and I won't change my mind on that. He's been handled with kid gloves by a lot of the mainstream media over the years when there's plenty they've swept under the carpet when others wouldn't get that. Anyway people are dwelling on the diary thing, it was just something I pointed out. At the end of the day people and the media sunk their teeth into Trump talking about grabbing women by the pussy and that's fair enough. but hardly peep about Biden's daughter saying he took inappropriate showers with her on a page talking about being molested and her issues and things like that. If that was Trump's daughter, you know it would be all over the media and don't say it wouldn't be because you are completely lying and/or in denial if you think it wouldn't be. I'd have little respect for anyone who dares to pretend it wouldn't be. It doesn't make me a Biden hater or Trump lover, I'm neither, I just see things for what they are.

Biden has been deteriorating since before the last election, the signs were there, many pointed it out. But it's been denied and denied, people saying Right wing people are making it up and the media glossing over it and now it's got the point where there's an old man on stage losing his faculties and becoming a laughing stock all over the world when its not actually funny. It should have been taken more seriously when anybody without a biased view could see it. The people around him must have been seeing it.

My point has always been people think in a binary way, everything has to be one or the other, so just because they dislike Trump it makes Biden's character untouchable, or vice versa. Essentially brainwashed to think one way or the other to the point of being demented about it.

I'm not quite sure Kamala Harris would make a good president but I'll save that for a conversation when it happens. Then again, she has to be better than a guy looking like he'd more likely be in a care home in 4 years, not seeing out another term.
I agree with some of what you say.

Yet I vehemently disagree with you that BIden isn't a "decent" guy.

Every person has weak points in their life. Biden is no different. If you want to build the case against Biden being a decent guy, you should attack his handling of Anita Hills' accusations against Clarence Thomas.

I try to be open minded. For example, I very much admire the very Right leaning Liz Cheney. She's adopted many unpalatable positions in her career - and yet, as life goes on, she learns, changes, and takes up completely new, and often contrary, positions based on what she believes. My admiration for Liz is in spite of the Left's continued dislike of her.

To be honest I doubt the sincerity expressed in the post quoted above. You brought up the pedophila charage against Biden - when critical thinking and complete lack of supporting evidence other than a brief missive in his daughter's diary while clearly in a confused state of mind indicates your willingness to promote unsubstantiated, far Right talking points.

Last edited:
Stuttering is not the same as forgetting people's names tho. And talking gibberish. It's a concern that his performances will lose him votes is it not?
He's occasionally mixing up the odd word or name whilst he's trying not to stutter. It's something he's done all his political career The media are jumping on him every single time, whilst simultaneously ignoring the other guys rambling, constant word salad. There is only one guy talking gibberish and it isn't Biden.

Me?

I don't vote right...

Fuck me are you still on about that diary , your hatred for biden is off the scale . When are you going to come out as a trump supporter

He's occasionally mixing up the odd word or name whilst he's trying not to stutter. It's something he's done all his political career The media are jumping on him every single time, whilst simultaneously ignoring the other guys rambling, constant word salad. There is only one guy talking gibberish and it isn't Biden.
You might be right, I pretty much agree with you, but it doesn’t matter what you and me think.

Me?

I don't vote right...
I don’t believe you. And, to quote you, “and don't say it wouldn't be because you are completely lying and/or in denial.”

What’s good for the goose, etc.

At the end of the day people and the media sunk their teeth into Trump talking about grabbing women by the pussy and that's fair enough. but hardly peep about Biden's daughter saying he took inappropriate showers with her on a page talking about being molested and her issues and things like that. If that was Trump's daughter, you know it would be all over the media and don't say it wouldn't be because you are completely lying and/or in denial if you think it wouldn't be. I'd have little respect for anyone who dares to pretend it wouldn't be. It doesn't make me a Biden hater or Trump lover, I'm neither, I just see things for what they are.
Did you ever stop to think about why they might be treated differently? Between a quote on tape from a presidential candidate and the musings of a teenage girl in her diary? Do have a single clue how responsible reporters and media operate?

No. You don’t.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.