US Politics Thread | Biden withdraws from Presidential election race

Why would I lie about who I vote on a forum of strangers who have no idea who I am?

You think I give a fuck if you or anyone on here believes me or not? I'm just engaging in conversation, not to lie about what I believe.

I've never voted a right wing party in my life, I just try to be objective when having conversation, I'm a curious person that likes to understand why people think what they think and like to question things.

you have no idea about mine or my family history, I'm first generation British that would never vote to the right for many reasons close to home :) it doesn't mean i have to fawn over anybody on the left though, if there's a reason to be critical.

I voted Labour last week, yet I have no real confidence in them, but it's better than the alternatives. I'm sure I'd be the same if I was in USA

I don't think Joe Biden is or ever was a decent man, that's all. Does it mean I'm right wing?? No.

You're a simpleton if you think someome is right wing for simply stating they don't like Joe Biden. But i must be simple for talking to ignorant thicko's like you on here and expecting a rational conversation without being labled something I'm not just for having an opinion, especially when they know nothing about me or my background.
Right. I’ve reached a dramatic conclusion about you based on effectively no knowledge, study nor time to review information.

Now re-read what you wrote.

And then maybe if you think REAL hard, you’ll be able to figure out exactly why your definition of Biden as “not decent” is an ignorant one.

Last edited:
What is going on with this thread? A presidential candidate has survived an assassination attempt and posters start arguing? This is a significant event, a rally supporter was killed and so was the gunman, it is disappointing that a more concerned sympathetic approach has not been adapted on this forum, no matter what you think of Trump.

I had a sort of conversation (about the NY Mets!) with a bloke today that was like talking to a loudspeaker mounted on a brick wall. I went back to my book after a few minutes.

You got a good book?
I have been meaning to read Sapolksy’s new book about life without free will. ;-)

Don't know it but (this is true) yesterday I re-read Erasmus's exchange of letters with Martin Luther on that very subject.

What is going on with this thread? A presidential candidate has survived an assassination attempt and posters start arguing? This is a significant event, a rally supporter was killed and so was the gunman, it is disappointing that a more concerned sympathetic approach has not been adapted on this forum, no matter what you think of Trump.
I have repeatedly denounced political violence and have said I would never want Trump to be harmed as I am a pacifist, a humanist, it is not justice, and would only empower him and his dangerous ideology, anyway.

I personally haven’t really commented on the incident because details are light at best at the moment and I am waiting for more verified information before forming an actual position beyond the fact that I am glad Trump was not seriously injured.

Dodged a bullet, he was defiant as he got ushered away wasn't he? Showed strength
Showed strength?

He was screaming "Fight, Fight, Fight..." whilst surrounded by Secret Service. He is an absolute fucking lunatic, and a bully and a coward. He's the reason for all this violence in the first place. Same happened on Jan 6th when the fat orange **** stirred up the crowds in DC. People died because Trump is fucking deranged.

Last edited:
Don't know it but (this is true) yesterday I re-read Erasmus's exchange of letters with Martin Luther on that very subject.
I think Sapolsky actually devotes a chapter to those letters, funny enough!

I often think about politics in this context, actually.

I had a sort of conversation (about the NY Mets!) with a bloke today that was like talking to a loudspeaker mounted on a brick wall. I went back to my book after a few minutes.

You got a good book?
Really? What was the Mets conversation about? While they are ins wild card spot I would hope they would be sellers coming up to the trade deadline. They would get mullered in a series against a good team. They should add pieces for the future.

As for Trump, if indeed you think he is on par with Hitler and if you think should he win this would be the last democratic election for a while, then the gun persons ( see what I did there) actions are totally justified and you support what they did, then come right out and say it. That’s all.

Really? What was the Mets conversation about? While they are ins wild card spot I would hope they would be sellers coming up to the trade deadline. They would get mullered in a series against a good team. They should add pieces for the future.

As for Trump, if indeed you think he is on par with Hitler and if you think should he win this would be the last democratic election for a while, then the gun persons ( see what I did there) actions are totally justified and you support what they did, then come right out and say it. That’s all.
The merits of Mookie Wilson v Lenny Dykstra.

Trump's not on a par with Hitler. Not even with Putin. Victor Orban more like. I want him defeated, not assassinated, but he's reaped what he sowed. So, yes, I will be honest and say I'm sorry this near-martyrdom all but guarantees his election in November. Only then will we see how close he gets to Putin.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.