US Politics Thread

As you obviously know, allegedly an SS agent is willing to testify under oath that the wrenching of the steering wheel part isn’t true, and Hutchinson wasn’t there — she heard it, and this is a hearing, not a trial, so hearsay doesn’t matter though we can label it as such. But so far, not a single person is willing to testify under oath that any of the following isn’t true:

That includes the demand to head back to the Capitol because “I’m the fucking President.”

That you think this is “theatrics” instead of an attempt to understand and prevent a further poorly-planned and managed attempt to invalidate the results of a legitimate election through specific powers granted Congress via the Constitution (same as the Senate Watergate Committee) is shocking. It makes my blood boil. As an alleged true liberal/progressive or just even a human who believes inherently in freedom, rights and democracy as ideals — even if humans regularly mis-execute them — your perspective and this post are shocking. I’m sorry — back on ignore you go.

How silly!

"Theatrics" means that Trump is NOT going to jail! The stakes of that happening are too high! The fact that you get your panties in a bunch because that's an obvious truth says a lot about the state of current thinking. Name me a president that has gone to jail for corruption? Any and for what reason!

The most that can happen is that they sanction him in some way, expelling him in some way, otherwise the Dems would force actual civil war. THIS is why it's "theatrics"!

But, whatever, you've just shown you came the position of dialogue in bad faith. I didn't offend you personally, but you're a high wire act that is unimpressive because you're too inflexible to accept hard truths.

Yeah, you’re definitely a neutral — who hates both the democrats and the republicans — in all of this.

Maybe, just maybe, be logical about any potential outcome regarding Trump.

Note, I haven't mentioned anyone else. It's getting silly not to be logical about potential outcome and ramifications.

But, you pearl clutchers carry on with your 'vapours'...

Agreed. In a sense my vote doesn't really matter. I live in a State that doesn't count for Presidential elections. Local, county and school elections are more likely to have an effect on my life and that of my family. I know who's going to win my State.

Some truth in that. But I don't think it's that bleak. Nor do I think it's in the best interest of the Country when far Right or Left candidates primary the incumbents. We forget that congress is a body that works on compromise. When you vote in Far right and left ideologues, what you get are people who will never compromise. And this is to the detriment of everyone.

Maybe we are a Center Right Country. I'm not so sure we are moving Far Right though.
I appreciate the response and I admit I was being a little drab. I wouldn’t say I went so far as to hyperbole but you took my points well and I think they are pretty accurate.

I’ve been a life long leftie and have done volunteer work for the bernie campaign so it’s pretty clear where I stand. For me, FDR was the goat and the true left will always be better for regular joes. The neoliberals are a blight for this country and nothing more than a donation scheme from where I stand. I’m not sure if that’s where the saying you get more conservative as you get older means but I guess I’d fall into that category.

I’d still never vote for the vast majority of any conservative platform. I just don’t see how it does anything good for the people?

For me, they’re both the same. Corporatist shills.

I bolded your comment about going far right and they definitely will. The R’s know how to put the boot on the throat and they won’t stop. The D’s will just bow down and meet the R’s “in the middle” and run on we need to go more left (which they never do). It’s disgraceful.

Can’t argue with much of this

View attachment 48360

Which is probably why I don’t see the US having a viable long term further in its current guise.
The US is inevitable. The whole financial system is backed by their currency. I don’t believe in any NWO or illuminati nonsense but the whole financial world is priced into the USD and how their system runs. That will never break down in our life times.

The US is inevitable. The whole financial system is backed by their currency. I don’t believe in any NWO or illuminati nonsense but the whole financial world is priced into the USD and how their system runs. That will never break down in our life times.
“In its current guise” I said which includes the ridiculous electoral college which currently means that Wyoming with 600,000 people has as much power as California with 40m.

“In its current guise” I said which includes the ridiculous electoral college which currently means that Wyoming with 600,000 people has as much power as California with 40m.
I’m not sure your point. We all know it’s a scam and nothing will change about that. That’s the beauty of the college and the two party system. It’s all fake and an oligarchy system. You can’t win unless you’re rich.

The supposed beauty of the US is that it grants financial freedom to those who are willing to work hard but that’s garbage and false because it’s dependent on being exploited. The people are sick of being exploited and healthcare has exposed that falsity. Hence Covid and poor wages. It’s a joke. Who’s gonna take care of your gran?

They’re paying people poverty wages to do that. It’s shambolic. Jpowell blames wages for inflation!!!!! Capitalism is killing us. It’s disturbing.

The supposed beauty of the US is that it grants financial freedom to those who are willing to work hard but that’s garbage and false because it’s dependent on being exploited. The people are sick of being exploited and healthcare has exposed that falsity. Hence Covid and poor wages. It’s a joke. Who’s gonna take care of your gran?

They’re paying people poverty wages to do that. It’s shambolic. Jpowell blames wages for inflation!!!!! Capitalism is killing us. It’s disturbing.
Alright Karl.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.