USA blues

pissedagain said:
i felt sorry for you yanks, cos it was all about building the profile of the club, most of us mancs that went across knew most of the kids would be playing and that any first teamers would just treat it as a warm up game, as for walking aronud new york after midnight in 75 degree heat it was heaven after a year of manchester weather
I figured it was due to the World Cup and all that we were seeing so many reserves. I went to the Baltimore game against Inter and had a blast just getting to see the team at all. I'm saving up for a trip to England now! :)

the world cup could have played a small part, but they always try to give the kids a bit of an experience in things like that, hope you make it over... pick a good game not against wigan or something like that

taconinja said:
I figured it was due to the World Cup and all that we were seeing so many reserves. I went to the Baltimore game against Inter and had a blast just getting to see the team at all. I'm saving up for a trip to England now! :)

My thoughts as well.

I hope the club comes back to the US, but my wife and I do plan to make a pilgrimage to Manchester one day.

one things for sure you wont have to put up with that sweltering heat that was new york in july

pissedagain said:
one things for sure you wont have to put up with that sweltering heat that was new york in july
That was a nice summer's day where I'm from. :)

As i went to the world cup :-( my cash was somewhat scarce, so i only got to see the Atlanta game, which was pretty good and we had a fairly decent team out. I thoroughly enjoyed the day out and it was just great to see my tema in in Atlanta and I look forward to seeing more games on-tour next time around.

When i was back at Christmas, i did hear some whispers that the club was doing a US tour again this summer, i cant reveal sources but they are connected with the club, so i am pretty confident.

I would imagine they will play NY again, which i will try and get to as i love the place. but probably include a game against the Cosmos and possibly Chicago (hopefully as thats my 2nd fav city her) this time? This is pure speculation on my part though so dont hang yer hat on this :-)

For all Americans who have adopted our great club, i was thinking that us ex-pats could put together a do's & dont do's if anyone is thinking of going to dear old blighty so see the mighty blues......a sort of insiders guide to Manchester, where to sleep, eat, drink etc etc...what do ya think guys??

problem you have is they only let jonesey and the mad hatter know last time as they needed them to help promote the tour.. i.e. the buses around manhattan etc.. normally its not like that, they just call it and off they go. heres hoping it is back to the usa, just got a doubt that they are leaving it a little late

So who is making plans to attend a friendly or three on the West Coast this year? I hope a few Mancs are planning to come back over to the States this summer, too--I had a great time with you all at the Mad Hatter in New York last year. This year, I intend to go to the Galaxy v. City match in Los Angeles...

I have read on a previous post that a pub in Santa Monica might host City supporters--
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cocknbullbritishpub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cocknbullbritishpub.com</a> is the address. Are there any Cali-Blues that can confirm this is a fun place to party?

Here's to seeing you all again in a couple of months in LA...and to those that don't come over, when the fixtures are posted I will be making my fall plans to return to Sinclair's Oyster, Townley Pub, Mary D's, The Guvnor's Pub (sorry, don't remember the name...), oh, and CoMS for a tie or two...see you then. Cheers!

gymshoe said:
So who is making plans to attend a friendly or three on the West Coast this year? I hope a few Mancs are planning to come back over to the States this summer, too--I had a great time with you all at the Mad Hatter in New York last year. This year, I intend to go to the Galaxy v. City match in Los Angeles...

I have read on a previous post that a pub in Santa Monica might host City supporters--
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cocknbullbritishpub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cocknbullbritishpub.com</a> is the address. Are there any Cali-Blues that can confirm this is a fun place to party?

Here's to seeing you all again in a couple of months in LA...and to those that don't come over, when the fixtures are posted I will be making my fall plans to return to Sinclair's Oyster, Townley Pub, Mary D's, The Guvnor's Pub (sorry, don't remember the name...), oh, and CoMS for a tie or two...see you then. Cheers!

I have been in Anaheim all week and went to the Galaxy vs Chivas game last Saturday (my first MLS game!) and we bought the $75 'Club' seats, which had a super view and a small 'lean-to' lounge area with a private pay bar. Bloody pricey beer mind, like $13 for a large (2 US pints) bottle of Corona, but I would still recommend these seats to all.
Nice tidy ground with execellent parking and about 30 mins drive from Anaheim (Disney area) hotels area, so nice and convenient for those blues planning on combining the trip with a trip to Disney. We are staying at the Disney Paradise Pier which is nice and really convenient for Disney (walking distance through the hotel grounds) and not too pricey!

Re: USA blues, Vancouver & Galaxy games

Does anybody know of a pub where fellow blues may be before or after the LA Galaxy game 17th July. We are planning to stay in Santa Monica but any heads up will be great, I see the Cock n Bull is mentioned we understand it won't be like the Parkside or Mary Dee's on match day but if there a few other blues about (the more the merrier) and we can have a few slurps then great. I live on Vancouver Island so if anyone wants the heads up on the Vancouver Whitecaps game just shout, lots of decent pubs in Vancouver.

I will be at both games with a few fellow blues who live on the Island and a couple who are coming from Manchester.

Lets get it sorted and have a good time.

Any thoughts

Cheers Craig (born & bred Gorton)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.