USA blues

Re: USA blues, Vancouver & Galaxy games

Gorton Guvenors said:
Does anybody know of a pub where fellow blues may be before or after the LA Galaxy game 17th July. We are planning to stay in Santa Monica but any heads up will be great, I see the Cock n Bull is mentioned we understand it won't be like the Parkside or Mary Dee's on match day but if there a few other blues about (the more the merrier) and we can have a few slurps then great. I live on Vancouver Island so if anyone wants the heads up on the Vancouver Whitecaps game just shout, lots of decent pubs in Vancouver.

I will be at both games with a few fellow blues who live on the Island and a couple who are coming from Manchester.

Lets get it sorted and have a good time.

Any thoughts

Cheers Craig (born & bred Gorton)
Hiya mate I'm coming over to Vancouver, I've booked my flights but do u know anywhere where I could stay? I.e hotels motels brass houses?

If you make it to San Francisco for the Club America game.

We will be in Maggie McGarry's pub in North Beach, (Grant/Green) look for a mixture of Manchester and US old gits.

The owner, Mick, is a Blue and we have just started a supporters club out of the location.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.maggiemcgarrys.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.maggiemcgarrys.com/</a>

Dave is my name, tall, big nosed and tons of women hanging around him.

they are playing 10 mins from my house in San Fran, so i'm definitely going, cannot believe my luck. Not been to a game for 2yrs.

-- Sat May 28, 2011 6:13 pm --

cool, i'll check that place out
umfriz1 said:
If you make it to San Francisco for the Club America game.

We will be in Maggie McGarry's pub in North Beach, (Grant/Green) look for a mixture of Manchester and US old gits.

The owner, Mick, is a Blue and we have just started a supporters club out of the location.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.maggiemcgarrys.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.maggiemcgarrys.com/</a>

Dave is my name, tall, big nosed and tons of women hanging around him.
<br /><br />-- Sat May 28, 2011 6:15 pm --<br /><br />maybe try the kings head mate, not bad and right next to the beach

ryan1985 said:
Gorton Guvenors said:
Does anybody know of a pub where fellow blues may be before or after the LA Galaxy game 17th July. We are planning to stay in Santa Monica but any heads up will be great, I see the Cock n Bull is mentioned we understand it won't be like the Parkside or Mary Dee's on match day but if there a few other blues about (the more the merrier) and we can have a few slurps then great. I live on Vancouver Island so if anyone wants the heads up on the Vancouver Whitecaps game just shout, lots of decent pubs in Vancouver.

I will be at both games with a few fellow blues who live on the Island and a couple who are coming from Manchester.

Any thoughts

Hiya mate I'm coming over to Vancouver, I've booked my flights but do u know anywhere where I could stay?

gymshoe said:
So who is making plans to attend a friendly or three on the West Coast this year? I hope a few Mancs are planning to come back over to the States this summer, too--I had a great time with you all at the Mad Hatter in New York last year. This year, I intend to go to the Galaxy v. City match in Los Angeles...

I have read on a previous post that a pub in Santa Monica might host City supporters--
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cocknbullbritishpub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cocknbullbritishpub.com</a> is the address. Are there any Cali-Blues that can confirm this is a fun place to party?

Here's to seeing you all again in a couple of months in LA...and to those that don't come over, when the fixtures are posted I will be making my fall plans to return to Sinclair's Oyster, Townley Pub, Mary D's, The Guvnor's Pub (sorry, don't remember the name...), oh, and CoMS for a tie or two...see you then. Cheers!
ryan1985 said:
Gorton Guvenors said:

Any thoughts

Hiya mate I'm coming over to Vancouver, I've booked my flights but do u know anywhere where I could stay?
ryan1985 said:
Gorton Guvenors said:

Any thoughts

Hi Pal, I live on vancouver Island I have somewhere to stay if you want, email me on Tonicraig3@shaw.ca

I will be going to the Vancouver Whitecaps game with my brother who is flying in from Manchester and another City fan from Stockport, we like a beer or two.

gorton i m staying down the coast for a couple of nights hermosa beach is only a few miles from the ground..anyone know of a bar near the ground for an early session before the game

La Galaxy game is 24th july - not 17th - according to my ticket?

Mentioned at work that I was taking my son to the game (Yank born and bred but tries) - next thing I know there's 18 of us renting RV's and 'packing' the Home Depot Center.

Should give us a first chance to see Messi in a sky blue shirt.

Just got back from the Cup Final - joy of joys - now get to see City twice in a year for the first time since the late 70's!

By the way - 'Posh Spice takes it up the arse'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.