USB Car Stereo question

redpedred

Team supported
Liverpool FC
Hi there,

I've changed my car in the week to an Alpha Romeo Mito (12 yr old) and the CD is a bit dodgy - but that's understandable and not a big issue.

But it has a USB slot with a Windows logo next to it and a 'media' button on the dash. So I wiped clean a memory stick and put a couple of MP3s on it and surprisingly, when I popped it in, they started to play - result!

However, I was wondering, this doesn't give me much 'control' over what I hear, is there another option? Can I connect an old MP3 player I own (headphone to USB perhaps) so I can play the music via that and have more control over it?

It does seem to have some facility for phone connection (for safe calling?) could that allow a mobile phone to play music via bluetooth as an option?

Sorry I didn't get the car handbook, I downloaded one off the net, but its not got much detail on the sound system options.

If you can connect to your phone via bluetooth you can play Spotify or any other music app through the car speaker system

If you can connect to your phone via bluetooth you can play Spotify or any other music app through the car speaker system
And if there isn't Bluetooth, one of these "should" work in that USB socket

EasyULT USB Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter for PC Laptop, Wireless Bluetooth Dongle/Receiver for windows 10/8/8.1/7/XP, Plug and Play, Wireless Transfer for Headset Speaker Keyboard Mouse Printer

Couple of other solutions.

Bluetooth receiver and transmitter that you can plug into the audio jack socket.

Or a Bluetooth to FM converter that you can stick in the cigarette lighter socket.

If using a memory stick then it sounds as if you have no control at all(or not much perhaps), you need a touch screen to make full use of it. The Bluetooth option sounds better although legally you could be done for using it on the move if you start fiddling with the phone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.