Used Cars

mrbelfry

I'm after a used car. Don't have a big budget so can't get a Lambo like the son wants. I've got 3 kids so will need something pretty spacious but not necessarily a MPV. Any recommendations of what to get or where to look?

Thanks in advance

GranadaGhiaX-1.jpg

Just get this. Roll up the street,windows down, blaring out Bachman Turner Overdrive and bib the horn outside the house casually flicking your fag ash not out of the window but into the in car ashtray! Family pulling their face? "Dad... That car is a shed.." Ha! The fools. This is a Granada GHIA!! there's enough legroom for a basketball team in this bad boy and just look at the size of the boot? Enough room for a months shopping in there. As the kids climb in, the youngest crying about the jibes from school mates you throw your head back in laughter and slap a bit of Kraftwerk on the tape deck. Blaupunkt. No need for a drink holder, there's a faux leather tray the size of a dinner plate to put your coffee, fags and orbit chewing gum on. Your wife is staring daggers at you but she's too far away in the passenger seat to slap you... Your electric window still works... Wind it up... Wind it down. Awesome.
You are a king and this 1984 Granada Ghia estate is your castle. Any of em moan and there's the Sony PS6 off the Christmas list. Now go, go to Grestys and get an exhaust.

mrbelfry said:
I'm after a used car. Don't have a big budget so can't get a Lambo like the son wants. I've got 3 kids so will need something pretty spacious but not necessarily a MPV. Any recommendations of what to get or where to look?

Thanks in advance

e1aac3606a5d6334ee0b21923fbb046d.jpg

Lamborghini did make estate cars 40 years ago(Lamborghini Espada Faena Estate) , find one problem solved. Good Luck getting spares though.

Don't know what 'not got a big budget' really means.. but if it's a grand or so, I can recommend the Vauxhall Astra 1.7 Diesel. That's what I've got, and it has a good boot, good room, quite economical and the CO2 must be good cos the tax isn't too much, comfortable too.

Got mine off ebay. I just messaged the seller to arrange a viewing and a test drive, then asked him what he'd accept. He knocked £200 quid off, although I did notice in the pictures, (and in person when I got there) that he lived in a huge house with a name rather than a number, with garages and lawns etc. I went from work full of paint, so he might have took pity at my appearance, but hey, it's worth a go.. psychology and all that.

LWasington said:
mrbelfry said:

Thanks in advance

e1aac3606a5d6334ee0b21923fbb046d.jpg

Lamborghini did make estate cars 40 years ago(Lamborghini Espada Faena Estate) , find one problem solved. Good Luck getting spares though.
I remember Palatine Garages having one of these. How I marvelled at the hideous monstrosity as a 12 year old

Years ago I had a Kia carens - nice and big diesel and went for miles worth a look cheap as chips

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.