UWCL ST Polten V CITY (A) 16-10-24 KO 1745

Kinkys Left Foot

Team supported
City
It's an early KO folks - don't get caught out.

Not much rest for the girls playing in Austria (Oostereich) with just with 3 days rest.

Not sure if GT is going to utilise the squad against the weakest team in the group. I doubt we'll underestimate them though and will need higher energy levels than we showed today (1st half) to make it comfortable.

Yui, Bunny, Hempo, Alex and Alexandrei must start but he might want to mix it up from there with Blinkilde-Brown for additional legs in midfield and Chloe surely has to get some minutes. With Viv and Lazell out with knocks we only have certain room for manoeuvre though.

Chance to take a grip on 1st place in this group and put the pressure on Barca, who are up against Hammersby and their barmy fans, the Swedish champs.

Let's not fluff our lines!

It's an early KO folks - don't get caught out.

Not much rest for the girls playing in Austria (Oostereich) with just with 3 days rest.

Not sure if GT is going to utilise the squad against the weakest team in the group. I doubt we'll underestimate them though and will need higher energy levels than we showed today (1st half) to make it comfortable.

Yui, Bunny, Hempo, Alex and Alexandrei must start but he might want to mix it up from there with Blinkilde-Brown for additional legs in midfield and Chloe surely has to get some minutes. With Viv and Lazell out with knocks we only have certain room for manoeuvre though.

Chance to take a grip on 1st place in this group and put the pressure on Barca, who are up against Hammersby and their barmy fans, the Swedish champs.

Let's not fluff our lines!
Will Kelly start is a big question for me. I’d expect her to in a game like this.

Yeh if she can't get a start tonight with Roord still finding her way back and Miedema injured then it would suggest that the writing is on the wall as far as her City career is concerned
I must admit that when a reporter put it to Taylor in the pre-game presser "was there an issue with Chloe as she was getting no game time"? His answer was a bit odd in that he thought it was a "none issue" as all players had to be ready to play and squad size and number of games blah blah.

The fact he couldn't understand why there is an issue when a key member of the Lionesses squad is getting virtually no minutes and Aoba, a young Japanese kid is getting, what I consider at a minimum Chloe's usual sub appearances and not been that impressive so far, reeks of lies or denialism.

I don't know which it is. Chloe looked cheerful enough in the training video from yesterday and he's said she's doing all the right things both physically and mentally in game preparation. The Liverpool game was crying out for her kind of interventions and accurate ball crossing for our forwards.

Wiegman has said her inclusion in the Lionesses squad was not in doubt. However a continued lack of appearances and game time will no doubt have effect and she certainly won't be in the starting 11. I think you are correct in that if she's not starting tonight, there's a definite issue. If Taylor says something inane like she's picked up a niggle in training Im calling bullshit and shes going in the summer. I think it's an utter waste of talent to let her rot on the bench.

I must admit that when a reporter put it to Taylor in the pre-game presser "was there an issue with Chloe as she was getting no game time"? His answer was a bit odd in that he thought it was a "none issue" as all players had to be ready to play and squad size and number of games blah blah.

The fact he couldn't understand why there is an issue when a key member of the Lionesses squad is getting virtually no minutes and Aoba, a young Japanese kid is getting, what I consider at a minimum Chloe's usual sub appearances and not been that impressive so far, reeks of lies or denialism.

I don't know which it is. Chloe looked cheerful enough in the training video from yesterday and he's said she's doing all the right things both physically and mentally in game preparation. The Liverpool game was crying out for her kind of interventions and accurate ball crossing for our forwards.

Wiegman has said her inclusion in the Lionesses squad was not in doubt. However a continued lack of appearances and game time will no doubt have effect and she certainly won't be in the starting 11. I think you are correct in that if she's not starting tonight, there's a definite issue. If Taylor says something inane like she's picked up a niggle in training Im calling bullshit and shes going in the summer. I think it's an utter waste of talent to let her rot on the bench.

I'll put it down to Taylor personally.

Communication issues and lack of perception/ability don't seem high in his list of strengths.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.