V Fest

Oooh dear ...... i take it ya didn't think much of the Sugababes then !

e5k1fd.jpg

Line-up is quality. Coverage is poor. The sound is awful on Channel 4. BBC at least record properly.

Highlights so far on yestedays: Shed Seven - Chasing Rainbows, Muse - Knights of Cydonia. Maximo sound good, but the band are annoying to watch.

Will speed watch todays via Sky+ later on and report back.

Got back from the V Festival about an hour or so ago, had a great time. The Verve, The Kings of Leon and Ian Brown were fantastic (I know, I've seen Ian Brown before and he's been shite, but he inexplicably actually sang in tune last night!). Pissed down on Saturday so the place turned into the Somme though........

Yep, got back at about 12pm today, was a brilliant weekend. My review of the acts I saw is...

Squeeze - superb, great start to the weekend

Girls Aloud - good eye candy but not a lot else

The Courteeners - quite impressed, esp Not 19 Forever

One Republic - the missus wanted to see them, not my cup of tea but were good

Lenny Kravitz - really good but it had just started raining and the atmosphere wasn't great at this point

Kings Of Leon - just get better everytime I see them

The Verve - just brilliant

The Hold Steady - really wanted to see them and they didn't disappoint - check them out!!

Amy Macdonald - highlight of the festival, sounded superb

Duffy - annoying voice...shame.

Stereophonics - 4th time of seeing them and they've grown into a stadium band at long last....excellent

Ian Brown - actually in tune for the first time in a long while, pleased I saw him again.

Had a great time, shame about the mud but i'm still alive and in one piece!!!

I got back from Weston Park aswell today and I had a great time. Apart from the rain It was a great first music festival for me. Verve, Phonics, Ian Brown, Charlatans all great. The Pogues were the major suprise for me, Ive never really heard much of them but they put on a good show.

I'm another bluemooner just got back from the somme...apologies Heaton Park :-)

Wasn't sure what to expect to be honest, last minute decision to go, lineup not as good as I could have hoped but had a quality time.......without wanting to repeat anything that's been said, my highlights have to be

Kings of Leon - Never seen them before, never been a big fan - absolutely awesome, buying all their albums come payday :-)

The Verve - this was probably one of the best gig experieinces i've ever had. Forget the torrential rain (I genuinely believe this added to the atmosphere), the Verve are class, Songs like "Bittersweet Symphony", "Sonnet", "The Drugs don't work" and "History" will never get old!

Muse - The best live act in the world, nobody puts on a show like Matt Bellamy and co. Maybe a little self indulgent with the over the top improv guitar solos but something extremely special nonetheless.

More briefly, Lost Prophets..Maximo Park..Pigeon Detectives.. all very good as well.

On a final note, I thought Amy Winehouse was awful. She couldn't hold a note and couldn't be arsed turning up on time, avoid at all costs!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.