Value of old books.

How do you find out what an old book is worth?
My wife has an old hardback book called the History of Hyde, from 1932.

I also have a small book The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam from 1913.
We're moving soon and getting rid of some stuff.But they seem too valuable to discard.

Most books aren't worth 5p.

If you've got a Jane Austen first edition you are in a different world.

I suggest look for it on Abebooks, Ebay and Amazon. That might give you an idea. But no book dealer will give you more than a fraction of retail price so if you want to sell it, the best bet is to sell it through Amazon.

I imagine ones without the pages stuck together are quite hard to come by! Could also see the collectors appeal in old Playboys or similar, not so much an old copy of readers wives!

You, sir, are a connoisseur of such topics. It’s always nice to see someone taking a great pride in their collections.

Old First-edition Books in mint condition adds value to what you are looking to sell, Also somebody told me about old books that you should always check every page because people used to hide money or autographs legal deeds or share deeds or letters with valuable stamps,

Also checking Ebay a good idea is check the sold item prices down the left side of the page, just ticket the box and it will show you the prices that have sold

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.