Van Buyten

Wanted out? We couldn't afford him. We signed Thatcher and Mills in the summer of 04 off memory for about £100k combined. I think Marseille had paid about 11m Euros for him and what on Earth could we offer them? So no wonder Hamburg took him.

He may have had a mare against Leeds when Alan Cheating Bastard Smith had a field day but overall he was a class act and helped us considerably. That's not a wankfest - that's the truth. The 4-1 against United what do you remember Van Nistelrooy doing in that game? There was a reason for that but I won't mention it at risk of it being misconstrued as a wankfest.

I have all the more reason to actually agree with the people who didn't rate him as he popped up in injury time at the San Siro in 2007 and cost me about £90 but hey ho.

Anyway, I wouldn't take him today, he has no doubt lost a yard and in all honesty there are better defenders out there. I understand faith in the long-term and about Savic being young but he very nearly cost us big time this season on a few occasions (imagine if Defoe had scored in injury time where did that move start from). I am all for having faith in a highly rated youngster but I just hope he is less error prone and gets a run of games maybe somewhere else and some confidence and then bring him in in future.

If we want an old defender then Lucio is available on a free and much better than Van Buyten.

He was a class act when he was here, but I like toure as the experienced back-up. If kolo wants to stay i'd deffo keep him.

Was brilliant here but he's too old unfortunately. I'd keep Kolo just to keep Yaya here. Kompany and Lescott partnership vastly superior.

The difference he made to the team when he arrived was simply stunning. A genuine class player. Yes we have moved on but with some of the performances of Savic last season we need a much higher calibre of cover. He could / would a job for us if required. If you are playing in a Champions League final for Bayern Munich you are no mug.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.