Van Dijk vs Laporte News on Injury

daflanger

Hi all,

First I feel very sorry for Van Dijk for his injury, it is the worst any player can have. However I want to rant about the fact that the media have been glorifying his injury as if it the end of all time, meanwhile when Laporte was injured last year, it was just brushed under the table.

Laporte was out for most of the season if not all last year and only came back due to the delay of restarting the season because of the pandemic. He is one of the best defenders in the league and was instrumental to our 17-18 and 18-19 trophies. So why is he any less than VD?! Now Liverpool is in crisis and all hell broke loose and when we lost Laporte, nothing from the media besides them talking about how terrible we are losing 9 games and all other crap. Lets see how the media will react to Liverpool now if they struggle without VD. I am sure they will give them excuses!!!

Rant over.... for now

To be fair, several pundits and reporters said that Laporte was a big loss to us, along with Kompany retiring.
The media cry is as much to do with the cause of the injury.
Liverpool and United are always going to get the headlines no matter what.
I just hope we take advantage of Van Dijk missing for possibly most of the season

Hi all,

First I feel very sorry for Van Dijk for his injury, it is the worst any player can have. However I want to rant about the fact that the media have been glorifying his injury as if it the end of all time, meanwhile when Laporte was injured last year, it was just brushed under the table.

Laporte was out for most of the season if not all last year and only came back due to the delay of restarting the season because of the pandemic. He is one of the best defenders in the league and was instrumental to our 17-18 and 18-19 trophies. So why is he any less than VD?! Now Liverpool is in crisis and all hell broke loose and when we lost Laporte, nothing from the media besides them talking about how terrible we are losing 9 games and all other crap. Lets see how the media will react to Liverpool now if they struggle without VD. I am sure they will give them excuses!!!

Rant over.... for now

Agree entirely & what a patronising idiot Kipperty is - well into the dipper criminal mentality by saying they’ll wait for him “like a good wife, waiting for husband whilst in jail”

Unbelievable & socially inept

A part of it is due to how it happened - derby rivals, reckless, Pickford not even shown a card while Laporte injury was all of his own making.

Even then the reaction is way over the top, and we all know why.

Agree entirely & what a patronising idiot Kipperty is - well into the dipper criminal mentality by saying they’ll wait for him “like a good wife, waiting for husband whilst in jail”

they are the experts on things like that so being a cult member himself he's just towing the line.....

To be fair to Klopp he is just identifying with the dipper fans.
Most of their wives will have had the experience of waiting while their murderous robbing other halves are doing time...

I totally agree Van Dijk's injury will make their season worse, he scored a lot of goals last year to help them win the league so yes they are going to struggle without him. They are talking about getting some cover but that's January and their season could be over by then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.