Var debate 2019/20

You could virtually catch it and it wouldn't be given if it was deflected off your own body. The position of the arms is irrelevant in these circumstances.

Not to mention that the arms are a key part of momentum/balance etc. And these laws are written by people who have never played any kind of sport.

What would we do without you telling us we are wrong on different threads,spurs fan you say...

I'm sure you would get by just fine without me. I know plenty of Spurs fans that claim Alonso ran into Gazzaniga in the Chelsea game. Football is tribal and it's natural we all have blind spots to our own club.

Not to mention that the arms are a key part of momentum/balance etc. And these laws are written by people who have never played any kind of sport.

I actually think this handball law is one of the few that makes sense. An attacker can't benefit from using his hand, it's perfectly obvious, no one should argue with that.

The media and some players are the ones making it complicated. The fact VAR found 2 miniscule ones in the first 2 weeks of the season hasn't helped what is a perfectly reasonable law.

You could virtually catch it and it wouldn't be given if it was deflected off your own body. The position of the arms is irrelevant in these circumstances.
Why is it irrelevant? It's still accidental? Micah Richards gave away a pen in exactly the same situation a few years back.

Champions League final in the first minute against Spurs?. Ref gave it without blinking. Another decision to the "Famous" red shirts of Merseyside in a big game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.