Var debate 2019/20

Come on, get with the programme.
It's NOT a "soft foul" anymore.
If it's any one of the 19 other PL sides, it's "taking one for the team".
If it's a City player, it's a "tactical foul".
Repeat this 100 times before watching any football match on Sky or MOTD.
Heard Hoddle say pretty much this during the Leicester game when a Leicester player, can't remember who, fouled a Chelsea player, can't remember who, and Hoddle said it was a good foul to concede as there was a possible break on. Surely by definition all fouls are tactical as it stops an advantage of some sort to the opposition

Heard Hoddle say pretty much this during the Leicester game when a Leicester player, can't remember who, fouled a Chelsea player, can't remember who, and Hoddle said it was a good foul to concede as there was a possible break on. Surely by definition all fouls are tactical as it stops an advantage of some sort to the opposition

I think the distinction is when the foul is clearly deliberate and has the specific intention of stopping a possible break.

"VAR will be pilloried" ...... just to confirm, Dermott Gallagher has decreed that VAR/referees got every decision 100% correct over the weekend with one exception. The 'foul' on little Bobby Firmino which wasn't given was a definite penalty for the dippers!
We'll start to hear that more and more now. They've got to try and 'prove' that these decisions event themselves out over the course of a season.

Dermot says Firminho should have had a penalty and VAR should have given it yet he says they got it right for the Ings tackle as it wasn't worthy lol.

What chance does the game have anymore with these people involved?

Dermot says Firminho should have had a penalty and VAR should have given it yet he says they got it right for the Ings tackle as it wasn't worthy lol.

What chance does the game have anymore with these people involved?
No chance , it’s bullshit baffling brains again , they’re not incompetent, they know what they’re doing , deciding who wins .

I have no issues with VAR if it was used like yesterday constantly. Keep playing until the ball goes dead and then take it back if need be. I thought it worked perfectly yesterday.

The issue I have is with the Liverpool game. Their first goal should not have stood and the play should have been taken back. They did not have the bollocks to do it an Anfield.
So when they looked at the penalty which Gundog missed and moved it on to the Sterling incident NO ONE SAW THE SPURS FEEPER OFF HIS LINE FFS. But when the ball grazes Erics finger it a handball, lets just get an even playing field because VAR is killing the game.

I think VAR made the right calls on what they're allowed to(keeper off his line should be VAR assisted but isn't), the only complaint I have is that Gundogan probably scores, if the ref stopped the game for a VAR check, the minute Aguero went down. Because Spurs thought they'd got away with one, it caused a massive reaction and put added pressure on Gundogan's PK.

Having said that, maybe it just wasn't our day, we weren't supposed to score it seemed like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.