Var debate 2019/20

So does a normal lineman’s flag. The difference is that VAR is 1000x more likely to get a result right.

Took two minutes to disallow the goal on Saturday and still was incorrect. So, no it's not 1000x more likely to get it right.

It stopped play for too long, and led to the follow up real third goal having a hesitant muted celebration.

A linesman's flag is instant and 99% of the time correct.

We don't need VAR for anything but clear cut errors. The disallowed goal was not clear cut then and still is not now...

Disallowing a brilliant team goal like Sterling's against West Ham because his armpit was a couple of millimetres offside is simply ridiculous , if the decision is so tight the benefit should go to the attacker like it has done in previous years. Its the blatant offsides the likes of the Dippers benefitted from last season when its's over a metre offside , these are the decisions VAR should be correcting ,the clear and obvious mistakes . If its only 10mm then go with the lino/referee , constantly undermining the officials will knock their confidence.

Took two minutes to disallow the goal on Saturday and still was incorrect. So, no it's not 1000x more likely to get it right.

It stopped play for too long, and led to the follow up real third goal having a hesitant muted celebration.

A linesman's flag is instant and 99% of the time correct.

We don't need VAR for anything but clear cut errors. The disallowed goal was not clear cut then and still is not now...
I started replying to each point but it’s pointless really isn’t it. I’m not going to convince you and I disagree.

I hope the system improves to the point where it’s not ruining football for you.

You'll moan until VAR saves us in a crucial game - and I think that moment will come sooner than you might think.
I think we get more chalked off than given as where raz was on the shoulder is where we are for most of our goals,a couple of mm's should not be enough to rule goals out,i feel like we have mission creep already,i'm never going to say thank you VAR for saving us as imo it won't be many times

The system is still open to manipulation from the VAR decision maker , the Premier league do not want us to run away with the title again , they need a competitive league , i fully expect us to be on the wrong side of the VAR decisions when they are totted up come the end of the season , and the opposite will apply to the Dippers , there will be no Easter title presentation this year , VAR will see to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.