Var debate 2019/20

Never watch MOTD. But might have to tune in. Apparently VAR had a mare in a lot of games. Be interesting to see what officials have to say about it.

Joke of a system.

Think there were 7 goals disallowed across all the games today. Plus several penalties not given. System is just wasting all of our time.

It’s comical. Truly comical. It’s a way to control the outcome of matches to suit the Media/PL owners.
Can’t have us winning again.
Watch some of the decisions on MOTD later. I’m truly lost for words of how incompetent the clowns behind VAR actually are.
It’s beyond corrupt, it’s blatant cheating.

I come back to the comparison with how rugby union var is handled - intelligent, honest officials, giving decisions in the open with the logic explained, nothing about clear and obvious. We get officials who are thick, dishonest, with the reviews behind closed doors, and the only clear and obvious thing is the stench of corruption, arrogance and incompetence

It's a total fucking sham in it's introduction and operation , and is only being " used " as we in the PL were out of step with other countries .

the PL and FA clearly do not want it, and you can make what ever of their reasons , and so the " VAR decisions " are not going to go against their PiGMOL cronies out on the pitch.

the system and its operatives have zero credibility , and are badly affecting the game .

Thing with those penalty shouts today that werent given by the referee there is no point whatsoever to go to var they will not be overturned! So we still relying on referees to actually blow his whistle for a penalty to get a penalty!

Was watching the Spurs game earlier with several valid penalty shouts not overruled, at this point it's a complete time waste. Why even go for a 'check' when we know it's never going to get overturned and we're going to get zero transparency as to the reasoning outside of an arbitrary 'clear and obvious' ruling?!

I haven't watched the earlier games, heard there was lot of vardness going on, but I really didn't think that KDB' situation was "clear and obvious error" and never expected it to be called by VAR, even if it would be another club. You see those pushed being or not being called fouls all over the pitch, it's definitely not a stonewall situation that would ever make VAR to intervene and overrule ref.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.