Var debate 2019/20

I didn’t think the penalty decision was a VAR problem tbh, I thought it was entirely a Michael Oliver issue. The moment he didn’t give it, VAR wasn’t going to overturn it.

I didn’t think the penalty decision was a VAR problem tbh, I thought it was entirely a Michael Oliver issue. The moment he didn’t give it, VAR wasn’t going to overturn it.
That's not true anymore,the last 2/3 rounds of games var has overuled several refs,it's a change brought in without any explanation

The second Salah goal wasn’t checked by VAR.

The Hawkeye operator takes a set amount of time to set up the review for the Video Assistant Referee to look at - its an absolute fact that this couldn’t have happened within the timeframe it did.

Forget the penalty - this is the scandal.

The goal wasn’t reviewed, the only question is why it wasn’t.
I’ve said it numerous times, but it gets lost in the thread, but all of this could be put to bed very simply by an accurate VAR being done and shown to all of us around the world.

Where is it?

I’ve said it numerous times, but it gets lost in the thread, but all of this could be put to bed very simply by an accurate VAR being done and shown to all of us around the world.

Where is it?
you and a lot of people mate. I'm convinced it was offside and until I see proof (not the bullshit sky still) I will believe we've been done.

Where is it?
VAR does not remove human judgements, decisions or errors. It is fundamentally flawed. Simple case in point is some human has to decide what frame at what point to base a decision on. 3 arbitrary decisions open to interpretation and corruption. It was the emperor’s new clothes and some of you are still defending it

The second Salah goal wasn’t checked by VAR.

The Hawkeye operator takes a set amount of time to set up the review for the Video Assistant Referee to look at - its an absolute fact that this couldn’t have happened within the timeframe it did.

Forget the penalty - this is the scandal.

The goal wasn’t reviewed, the only question is why it wasn’t.

Yep. The (non-)penalty decision has actually become a pretty useful smokescreen behind which they can hide the bigger scandal.

VAR does not remove human judgements, decisions or errors. It is fundamentally flawed. Simple case in point is some human has to decide what frame at what point to base a decision on. 3 arbitrary decisions open to interpretation and corruption. It was the emperor’s new clothes and some of you are still defending it

Absolutely this. Sold to us on the basis it would right obvious wrongs, etc. Anyone who thinks the TAA handball wasn’t handball is seriously deluded but the subjectivity gives licence to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.