Var debate 2019/20

I meant they want it gone because it has the ability to make them much more accountable and lay bare stuff like what happened on Sunday.

To make it clear, I don't think the second handball incident should have been a penalty as it didn't meet the criteria for awarding one but the first definitely did. Arm moving towards the ball, in an unnatural position, not close enough to Bernardo for it to be unavoidable.

And I'm not even particularly bothered about whether Salah was onside or offside as the attacker should be getting the benefit of the doubt when it's that tight. But I'd like consistency and the laws of the game to be applied whereas I don't think the PL & Sky do.

Thanks, your later post made me think this.

I agree - the second handball claim wasn't a penalty, the first one was. And the main issue with Salah was the lack of VAR image.

I have a feeling that "VAR" at that match was people watching Sky Sports!

I meant they want it gone because it has the ability to make them much more accountable and lay bare stuff like what happened on Sunday.

To make it clear, I don't think the second handball incident should have been a penalty as it didn't meet the criteria for awarding one but the first definitely did. Arm moving towards the ball, in an unnatural position, not close enough to Bernardo for it to be unavoidable.

And I'm not even particularly bothered about whether Salah was onside or offside as the attacker should be getting the benefit of the doubt when it's that tight. But I'd like consistency and the laws of the game to be applied whereas I don't think the PL & Sky do.

The mess which VAR is , is truly ruining the game for supporters , and if operated properly and fairly would hopefully provide a consistent and less subjective approach .

PL and Sky clearly prefer it that the favoured clubs can achieve the desired results without the glare of deliberate manipulation of incidents . A total disgrace which somehow needs exposing, but as you rightly say the devious bastards will always find ways to cheat the spectators and keep their methods under wraps.

Sickening state of affairs.

Last year, Jerry Bullivant (Mr Football Is Fixed) noted the differences in the proposed implementation of VAR in the PL and in the way it's being implemented elsewhere. He suggested that the intention would be to discredit VAR in England with the aim of having it abolished altogether.

I thought that was rather fanciful when I first read it. But you look at the way things have gone this season and it seems much less so.

Every single sky sport paying fan should be ringing up and cancelling..reason given..your coverage of the biggest match of the season was pathetic,you didnt tell me ,the paying customer ,that a vital part of the decision making process wasnt in use ..you also ,deliberately,decided not to replay contentious decisions to allow me the viewer to make their own mind up...and" i think your complicit in the deceit"
Job done.

its a slow response by fans,some or a few will drop out because of VAR then others will drop out because the seats around them are empty and so on,this over a few seasons,it needs some sort of supporter based protest via the football supporters federation to move things along,not sure if they have anything planned or not
Well I've knocked all the cup schemes on the head to see which way this is going. Did that after the Spurs game. I don't want to do the same with my season ticket, but if the system doesn't become more open, then I'll have to think about it. I've never liked sports where a jury is involved, and that's the way it seems to be going, except it's worse because we can't see who is holding up the scores.

Every single sky sport paying fan should be ringing up and cancelling..reason given..your coverage of the biggest match of the season was pathetic,you didnt tell me ,the paying customer ,that a vital part of the decision making process wasnt in use ..you also ,deliberately,decided not to replay contentious decisions to allow me the viewer to make their own mind up...and" i think your complicit in the deceit"
Job done.
Did that the other day, but only because my contract was up.

Well I've knocked all the cup schemes on the head to see which way this is going. Did that after the Spurs game. I don't want to do the same with my season ticket, but if the system doesn't become more open, then I'll have to think about it. I've never liked sports where a jury is involved, and that's the way it seems to be going, except it's worse because we can't see who is holding up the scores.

It must be pretty crap to have to make that decision.

Out of interest, have you told the club why you made the decisions?

In my opinion the referee's have to make the final decision. Where is the use of the on-field monitor for example? A bunch of guys sat in a video control room somewhere that we are not shown interpreting the game in their own way has to be wrong it can easily be abused and manipulated more so than ever before. Why FIFA have to try and re-invent the wheel I do not know, the rugby based system is all that was required; on field decision is a) but can you check for b) etc.

The people sat at home should be able to hear any dialog too just like in rugby it is ridiculous that it is so secretive and we already have corruption in the game as it is!!

To what end? They'll be dealing with it behind closed doors or in other ways, as they usually do with things like this. The club know lots of things that they haven't gone public about.

And it won't come as any surprise to know that we aren't the PL's favourite club anyway so something as big as that definitely wouldn't endear us to the powers that be.
I understand why the club are dealing with it behind closed doors but from a fan's perspective we want to know that the club knows what is going on and that they are going public to let everyone else know that they know. It isn't coincidental that we have been on the end of some appalling decisions this season as with previous seasons yet we were all led to believe that with the introduction of VAR it would be more of a level playing field. The game is corrupt and assuming we aren't part of the corruption then the fans want to hear and see the club doing something about it. We are being screwed over both domestically and in Europe and fans are sick to the back teeth and in time there may well be a backlash. After 46 years of following the club, home and away I am already in two minds about renewing for next season. The club should be very worried if fans like me, and there are plenty, are considering packing it all in due to the blatant cheating that is going on. It's almost impossible to believe that we will retain the league and I am also aware that the league is desperate to include new teams in the top 4 and will give them every possible help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.