VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24

Correction. They weren't guessing before VAR. They saw what they saw, and made confident decisions based on what they saw, instinctively. Now they are not only guessing but they are second-guessing themselves, as every single decision they make comes with a contingency plan that their on-field decisions aren't that important anymore because someone else is always there to overrule them if it's wrong. And then of course if it goes to VAR and it's not an easy decision the VAR can say oh well we're not sure lets just stay with the on-field official. A complete shamble.
All that

Correction. They weren't guessing before VAR. They saw what they saw, and made confident decisions based on what they saw, instinctively. Now they are not only guessing but they are second-guessing themselves, as every single decision they make comes with a contingency plan that their on-field decisions aren't that important anymore because someone else is always there to overrule them if it's wrong. And then of course if it goes to VAR and it's not an easy decision the VAR can say oh well we're not sure lets just stay with the on-field official. A complete shamble.

Fair enough. I used "guess" because I was replying to a post that said referees used to guess. I should have used quotation marks for effect.

Interesting from the world of rugby and not in a good way either.

It seems the tv broadcast is able to talk to the TMO and I’ve little doubt, VAR and possible influence what might or might not get looked at.

Utterly scandalous tbh.

Interesting from the world of rugby and not in a good way either.

It seems the tv broadcast is able to talk to the TMO and I’ve little doubt, VAR and possible influence what might or might not get looked at.

Utterly scandalous tbh.

I'm confused reading that. Who said what to who and when? And what was broadcast? Any help?

I'm confused reading that. Who said what to who and when? And what was broadcast? Any help?

Tv commentator has asked the TMO to look at foul play and the TMO has said no because it looks bad after missing it and then being asked to take the look by tv company.

It’s a joke. TV Should have zero communication with officials and I will 100% say it’s happening in football as well.

Tv commentator has asked the TMO to look at foul play and the TMO has said no because it looks bad after missing it and then being asked to take the look by tv company.

It’s a joke. TV Should have zero communication with officials and I will 100% say it’s happening in football as well.
Thanks. Weird.

I’ve no idea what the regulations are in rugby union. But in football, it is a fundamental rule of FIFA that no outside interference whatsoever should happen in the VAR room.

If PGMOL and The Premier League are breaking that rule they know that they are taking a huge risk if it is ever uncovered. Probably career ending risks.

People taking huge career risks normally do so because there are also huge gains to be had if they’re not caught.

We’ve all seen the chaos in the VAR room on these Mic’d Up programmes.

I’m struggling to see why anybody would think, amongst all that chaos it would be really helpful, even though it might be career ending, to have Dion Dublin’s input on the situation.

P7Dw2A.gif

No surprise whatsoever. Sky will be acting in their own commercial interests, influencing decision-making in order to benefit themselves, their 2 cash-cow clubs and at the same time to undermine any threat to their "success".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.