VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24

Pretty obvious why people will want to question "dubious or incorrect" decisions by VAR!

Because they just love to vent and be outraged ? Get rid of VAR and they’ll do the same about refs decisions on a far bigger scale when we see the return of blatant no contact dives, clear offsides standing and countless other farcical decisions without tech help.

So you prefer old standard lino rather than tech which can get a (not 100%) but more accurate decision correct ?

Far easier to ‘influence’ results than without VAR - just flag well offside against whoever they want and no questions asked.
If technology is brought in to make decisions it is pretty clear that it should be technology that makes that decision correct but not to have a fair degree of margin for error , because what’s the point otherwise. Every decision being scrutinised to the limit by sky and other broadcasters doesn’t help its cause. If VAR cannot be improved or used properly by crap officials then binning it off is the answer

I think VAR could be used as I said above, you draw the line including the error margin and then give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team.

I reckon there's plenty of good goals being chalked off (usually involving teams that don't play in Red) that should - and would be given using the method I'v described.

That sounds pretty much exactly how it is used. Only had one quick glance but it looked like the Watkins goal was given using the tolerance level. ( One line on the graphic, rather than two )

The issue might be how big should the tolerance level be? The authorities have never actually confirmed that. But a distance of 5cm has been banded about as to what it is ‘thought to be.’

Because they just love to vent and be outraged ? Get rid of VAR and they’ll do the same about refs decisions on a far bigger scale when we see the return of blatant no contact dives, clear offsides standing and countless other farcical decisions without tech help.

I want VAR but the issue is VAR should eliminate the bad calls, now it’s eliminating it when they want.

That sounds pretty much exactly how it is used. Only had one quick glance but it looked like the Watkins goal was given using the tolerance level. ( One line on the graphic, rather than two )

The issue might be how big should the tolerance level be? The authorities have never actually confirmed that. But a distance of 5cm has been banded about as to what it is ‘thought to be.’
5cm is just an arbitary number they've come up with. The margin is closer to 8-10 inches.

So you prefer old standard lino rather than tech which can get a (not 100%) but more accurate decision correct ?

Far easier to ‘influence’ results than without VAR - just flag well offside against whoever they want and no questions asked.
The con with VAR is we are being sold "the lines don't lie", when in reality they can be manipulated, and results can and are being effected.

How many Var reviews did we have during the Derby ? Sky viewers will know the answer but the poor fuckers at the match wouldn't. Yet again we are kept in the dark, when there is a stoppage we have to guess, is it a review ? have the butties arrived ? It ruins the match and I'm sick of being treated like I don't matter.

How many Var reviews did we have during the Derby ? Sky viewers will know the answer but the poor fuckers at the match wouldn't. Yet again we are kept in the dark, when there is a stoppage we have to guess, is it a review ? have the butties arrived ? It ruins the match and I'm sick of being treated like I don't matter.
Compare with rugby where you see and hear what’s going on why won’t they do this in the premier league well we fucking well know why would be near impossible to manipulate games then ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.