VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24

Forest found it so funny when VAR fucked over Huddersfield in the play off final when they got promoted, no sympathy for them at all

Utter wank.

It’s robbed me of the game I’ve loved since I was a kid as I literally can’t be arsed watching the game anymore because of it.
Watch City games and ones that may have an effect on City’s title chances but rarely celebrate a goal anymore. It’s sucked the enjoyment out of the sport. I used to watch so much more football prior to var.

Watch City games and ones that may have an effect on City’s title chances but rarely celebrate a goal anymore. It’s sucked the enjoyment out of the sport. I used to watch so much more football prior to var.

Mate I don’t even watch our games anymore because I get so fucking angry at the shit, it’s no longer enjoyable.

Everton v forest;

Claim 1 is usually given, but occasionally not. Unlucky

Claim 2 is far too close to be handball in my opinion

Claim 3 absolutely should be a penalty.

To not get anything from 1&3 is pretty desperate officiating in my opinion

Coventry v United offside is offside, according to the evidence they showed. But whether the tech is good enough to offer robust evidence to disallow at such fine margins, is pretty murky!! V unlucky Coventry

I very rarely cheer goals nowadays, cos every flecking time I do, it's chalked off, Coventry's today being the latest example.

Yeah I agree.
I was all for VAR initially but as you say it sucks the enjoyment out of the game particularly the celebration of goals.
You could simplify it by restricting it's scope ( I.e. leave handball decisions and fouls in the build up to the officials on the field) and relax the offside rule so that it applies only when all of the attacker body is past the last defender. But none of that will happen.
So unfortunately I think we're stuck with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.