VAR Discussion Thread | 2024/25

not using ball with chip in so still open to daft pictures and lines but like red webb said today suck it up
It's complicated because only Adidas have developed the ball tech and Nike is the PL ball supplier.

No Var explanation in stadiums but will be on social media , apparently the managers told Webb they didn't want it as it took to long but we will get more on screen messages & replays unless of course your in klanfied or old toilet

If someone told me, 6 years ago, that we would implement a system that will take closer to a decade to get right, would turn decision making upside down for that duration, would STILL allow massive injustices, and would spoil the fan experience I would have said fuckoff.

What a total clusterfuck this has all been. We're now reduced to getting decisions explained on a social media app, an auto-offside implementation HALF WAY through the season, yet more definitions of what a foul is and how it should be handled. AND, we all know it still wont work.

No Var explanation in stadiums but will be on social media , apparently the managers told Webb they didn't want it as it took to long but we will get more on screen messages & replays unless of course your in klanfied or old toilet
The only two stadiums that don’t have a big screen

Did semi automated give Fernando's offside on Saturday?

The linesman didn't flag after it went in and appeared to be running back to the halfway line but then put his flag up a few seconds later.

He was presumably running back to where the offence took place?

I see the officials have to declare their allegiance's before the season and are not allowed to officiate in any matches their chosen team is involved in.

Questions to Howard Webb.
  • Does that include VAR duties
  • What about their chosen teams long time rivals
Another load of complete tosh from PGMOL.

Also they are not going to let us the paying public know what those allegiance’s are.

Same old, same old.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.