VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

See so we have a grey area over a touch and a foul. Big grey areas which is why VAR is failing. Even offside which should be straightforward is causing concern. You tell me the exact point a touch becomes a foul.

When it's a foul, when there is no attempt to play the ball, there is only an attempt to impede the opponent, as was the case with Mane's shove on Sterling.

When it's a foul, when there is no attempt to play the ball, there is only an attempt to impede the opponent, as was the case with Mane's shove on Sterling.

Not going round in circles fella, if you want a scenario where every touch of the body entitles a player to fail to the ground fair enough. If I remember your name(shite memory) the next time an opposition player goes down because a city player touched him with a hand, elbow, shoulder or whatever else and you say they bought it I shall remind you of this stance.

Not going round in circles fella, if you want a scenario where every touch of the body entitles a player to fail to the ground fair enough. If I remember your name(shite memory) the next time an opposition player goes down because a city player touched him with a hand, elbow, shoulder or whatever else and you say they bought it I shall remind you of this stance.

Why are you making up this crap about me wanting every touch to be a pen, I never suggested anything remotely like that?

Question for you, Walker on Sterling a few years back, push in back, foul or no foul? Sterling stayed on his feet that time.

See so we have a grey area over a touch and a foul. Big grey areas which is why VAR is failing. Even offside which should be straightforward is causing concern. You tell me the exact point a touch becomes a foul.
I think it's black and white.

Watch Mane's arm closely. It is more than 'contact', and Sterling 'appeared' to be trying to stay on his feet.

I think it's black and white.

Watch Mane's arm closely. It is more than 'contact', and Sterling 'appeared' to be trying to stay on his feet.

Well that’s the crux of it I don’t think the contact was enough to justify a penalty kick. Personally for things like this I would change the rules to allow the referee to award an indirect free kick. But I’m not sure there would be much appetite for it.

Well that’s the crux of it I don’t think the contact was enough to justify a penalty kick. Personally for things like this I would change the rules to allow the referee to award an indirect free kick. But I’m not sure there would be much appetite for it.
What is happening a lot is that a striker tries to move away from a defender, doesn't quite manage it so slows down deliberately to 'draw contact' as the commentators like to say. In this instance Raheem was away from Mane and looking to slide the ball across the box. Mane just barged into his back and is the clearest penalty I have seen since Rodri, Silva and KDB was all fouled in the box. Coincidentally none of which were given when the games were not won. Odd that isn't it!

Why are you making up this crap about me wanting every touch to be a pen, I never suggested anything remotely like that?

Question for you, Walker on Sterling a few years back, push in back, foul or no foul? Sterling stayed on his feet that time.

I honestly don’t remember the incident. Anyhow a dive without contact we both would agree, a mistimed tackle that takes his legs we would agree. We only disagree with the amount of contact needed for a penalty kick. A blatant aggressive shove we would both agree it’s only when the contact is lessened that interpretation becomes the grey area. I don’t like players going down over small touches in a an area of the box where they can’t get a shot off.

The only way we can dispose of our disagreement is if the rule was any touch however minimal is a penalty. You think the contact was more impeding than me. I wouldn’t want a penalty given against us for that situation.

I honestly don’t remember the incident. Anyhow a dive without contact we both would agree, a mistimed tackle that takes his legs we would agree. We only disagree with the amount of contact needed for a penalty kick. A blatant aggressive shove we would both agree it’s only when the contact is lessened that interpretation becomes the grey area. I don’t like players going down over small touches in a an area of the box where they can’t get a shot off.

The only way we can dispose of our disagreement is if the rule was any touch however minimal is a penalty. You think the contact was more impeding than me. I wouldn’t want a penalty given against us for that situation.

There you go

Similar for me, no attempt at the ball, just impeding the opponent. Just like Mane.

What is happening a lot is that a striker tries to move away from a defender, doesn't quite manage it so slows down deliberately to 'draw contact' as the commentators like to say. In this instance Raheem was away from Mane and looking to slide the ball across the box. Mane just barged into his back and is the clearest penalty I have seen since Rodri, Silva and KDB was all fouled in the box. Coincidentally none of which were given when the games were not won. Odd that isn't it!

Players have become good at it, except son last week by the time he thought to go down everyone was at home having their tea. I get the reason you see a player being impeded on the half way line for instance and until they stop and throw their arms in the air the ref doesn’t give out. Like anything the defenders used to get away with murder now attackers are good at falling over or running across defenders or sticking a leg out. Refs fall for all sorts of shit.

Like handball when does the arm become unnatural waist high, an inch above waist? 2 3 4 inches above it. What if they are jumping? Shoulder height just above shoulder.

Like I said earlier no one can ever come up with a set of rules that make any sense. So we rely on referees to make a judgement unfortunately it appears they are either shit or corrupt.

Surprised we bother watching the bloody game.

Based on every other penalty kick awarded for 'similar' incidents this season it was more than justified to award a penalty of that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.