VAR impact and consequence log - game 16

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by flook, 18 Aug 2019.

1. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Are you sure? it defo looks like it does on the tv shots I have seen this morning

2. Radcliffe 1309

Radcliffe 1309

Exactly

3. flook

flook

looked again, still don't believe it affected the direction of the ball nor where it ended up

Newquayblue likes this.
  4. flook

flook

I agree, and as I keep saying VAR was originally touted as being for clear and obvious errors, it's the insidious expansion of it's powers to include every goal, every offside etc that I'm arguing against, and the whole premise of this thread is I guess to measure against the original VAR concept, which I still believe is the correct approach.

SatOnTheWall likes this.
  5. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

it did hit his arm and change the path quite clearly

6. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

The expansion was bought into by all clubs, so we just have to dust ourselves down and prepare for the next match. Off topic slightly, but VAR didn't cost us that game yesterday, it was the missed good chances we created in the first half imo

7. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

Yes it did. The ball would have gone behind Laporte and out of the box if it didn’t hit his arm. Would never have reached Jesus.
    (The highlights are on the City app now)

8. flook

flook

True, watched the dippers game beforehand and southampton missed a shedful first half, then we went and made them look clinical

9. flook

flook

better view on that clip than the youtube one, it does deflect more than I first thought, but I disagree that it would have gone out of the box, irrelevant to the point though as it should not have been checked as it wasn't a clear and obvious error (my thread my rules :p)

10. Damanino

Damanino

Sterling was offside by an inch and that is offside. I hope they rule out every similar goal against us as well. Tight but no problem for me. This is something that helps the game as assistants have no way calling it with 100% certainty as it was so close. Basically without VAr the assistant would have guessed it if Sterling was on or off.
    I hate much more if they take away a good goal instead of not given a slightly offside. He was off by his armpit hair.:D

The Laporte handball--> goal ruled out was correct again, its not VAR its the law of the game. We were very angry last year with Wolves scoring handball goal against us. This year it cannot happen anymore thank God but also we cannot score like yesterday. That time Atkinson and his assistant I think didnt notice it on purpose now they have to review every goal and have to give it. Its good as it takes it out of their cheating habits.

Problems start with more objective stuff, like faults, dangerous tackles. That is still up to how the ref actually feels instead of facts like offside or not or handball or not.

Matt the Giant likes this.