Vassell Retires

Hyperlinks to that raggy shit website should be blocked.

Former England and Aston Villa striker Darius Vassell has announced his retirement at the age of 35.
The Sutton Coldfield-born player, who had been without a club since 2012, earned 22 England caps, scoring six goals, during the reign of manager Sven-Goran Eriksson.
He had spells with Manchester City, Turkish side Ankaragucu and Leicester after leaving Villa in 2005.
In a statement released by his management company, Oporto Sports, Vassell said: "I have enjoyed my career in football playing at the highest level, doing something I genuinely loved, and I felt that now was the right time to announce my retirement and look to the next phase of my life."
Vassell played at the 2002 World Cup and Euro 2004. England reached the quarter-finals of the latter tournament before losing in a penalty shoot-out to hosts Portugal, with Vassell seeing his spot-kick saved by future Leicester team-mate Ricardo.

56038242-manchester-united-kingdom-manchester-citys-gettyimages.jpg

Ruined their special day which puts him up there with Dickov 99 imo.

Loved him, no matter his limitations. Wonder if he'll become a pundit?

Ruined their special day which puts him up there with Dickov 99 imo.

What a great day that was.

I always liked DV. He formed a great partnership with Cole, he never gave less than 100% effort and never moaned, no matter where he was played.

All the best in the future, Darius.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.