Vegetarians and vegans

Lavinda Past said:
I've been a true vegetarian (not vegan) for over 30 years.

I've argued the pros and cons with hundreds of people over many years. We always agree to disagree.

At the end of the day, it's each to their own.

I just wish that people who choose to eat meat / fish would at least give some thought to buying ethically farmed produce rather than the cheap crap knocked out by Tesco, Asda, etc.

Meat is murder.

Complete agreement mate. Ethically and factually correct.<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:16 am --<br /><br />
Lavinda Past said:
The Flash said:
Lavinda Past said:
I think you're clutching at straws now...

Oh mercy....

Me, a Strawman?

Oh bales!

These puns are starting to stack up aren't they?

Oh corny...

The Flash in the pan is a dangerous person.

Seen a Morrissey picture but can't believe no ones mentioned another famous vegetarian...
6d995e90-e4c7-1cf4.jpg

The drug thing is wrong though. Although Hitler was a teetotaller, he wasn't drug free. He'd have cocaine eye drops administered daily as part of a cocktail of 'vitamins' that also included arsenic tablets.

Should I have posted this in the drug thread? No because I believe the lack of meat is what made him the man he was!

Walkbustaxi said:
Seen a Morrissey picture but can't believe no ones mentioned another famous vegetarian...
6d995e90-e4c7-1cf4.jpg

The drug thing is wrong though. Although Hitler was a teetotaller, he wasn't drug free. He'd have cocaine eye drops administered daily as part of a cocktail of 'vitamins' that also included arsenic tablets.

Should I have posted this in the drug thread? No because I believe the lack of meat is what made him the man he was!

There is no evidence to prove Mr Hitler was a veggie, it's a myth perpetrated by meat eaters in an effort to undermine the perceived caring and gentle nature of non meat eaters.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
There is no evidence to prove Mr Hitler was a veggie, it's a myth perpetrated by meat eaters in an effort to undermine the perceived caring and gentle nature of non meat eaters.
He appeared tired and depressed. He ignored the copy of his speech the previous night that Krebs had brought him, and to the Gauleiter's astonishment asked him instead what he thought of a vegetarian diet. Fully in character. Hitler launched, not waiting for an answer, into a lengthy discourse on vegetarianism. It struck Krebs as a cranky outburst, aimed at overpowering, not persuading, the listener But what imprinted the scene on Krebs's memory was how Hitler revealed himself as an acute hypochondriac to one to whom he had presented himself up to then 'only as the political leader, never as a human being (Mensch)'. Krebs did not presume that Hitler was suddenly regarding him as a confidant. He took it rather as a sign of the party leader's 'inner instability'. It was an unexpected show of human weakness which, Krebs plausibly speculated, was overcompensated by an unquenchable thirst for power and resort to violence. According to Krebs. Hitler explained that a variety of worrying symptoms - outbreaks of sweating, nervous tension, trembling of muscles, and stomach cramps - had persuaded him to become a vegetarian.186. He took the stomach cramps to be the beginnings of cancer, leaving him only a few years to complete 'the gigantic tasks' he had set himself. 'I must come to power before long... I must, I must,' Krebs has him shouting. But with this, he gained control of himself again. His body-language showed he was over his temporary depression. His attendants were suddenly called, orders were given out, telephone calls booked, meetings arranged 'The human being Hitler had been transformed back into the "Leader"/187 The mask was in place again.

Tired, depressed, cranky, hypochondriac, weakness, thirst for power, violence. If only he'd eaten meat...

Walkbustaxi said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
He appeared tired and depressed. He ignored the copy of his speech the previous night that Krebs had brought him, and to the Gauleiter's astonishment asked him instead what he thought of a vegetarian diet. Fully in character. Hitler launched, not waiting for an answer, into a lengthy discourse on vegetarianism. It struck Krebs as a cranky outburst, aimed at overpowering, not persuading, the listener But what imprinted the scene on Krebs's memory was how Hitler revealed himself as an acute hypochondriac to one to whom he had presented himself up to then 'only as the political leader, never as a human being (Mensch)'. Krebs did not presume that Hitler was suddenly regarding him as a confidant. He took it rather as a sign of the party leader's 'inner instability'. It was an unexpected show of human weakness which, Krebs plausibly speculated, was overcompensated by an unquenchable thirst for power and resort to violence. According to Krebs. Hitler explained that a variety of worrying symptoms - outbreaks of sweating, nervous tension, trembling of muscles, and stomach cramps - had persuaded him to become a vegetarian.186. He took the stomach cramps to be the beginnings of cancer, leaving him only a few years to complete 'the gigantic tasks' he had set himself. 'I must come to power before long... I must, I must,' Krebs has him shouting. But with this, he gained control of himself again. His body-language showed he was over his temporary depression. His attendants were suddenly called, orders were given out, telephone calls booked, meetings arranged 'The human being Hitler had been transformed back into the "Leader"/187 The mask was in place again.

Tired, depressed, cranky, hypochondriac, weakness, thirst for power, violence. If only he'd eaten meat...

For every 20 web pages saying he was, there are 20 saying he wasn't.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.naturalnews.com/025163_Hitler_vegetarian_vegetarianism.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.naturalnews.com/025163_Hitle ... anism.html</a>
like that one

Animal cruelty reasons,
health reasons
ecological reasons

these are the usual

I have not eaten animals for about 25 years.

I stopped trying to justify myself to people about 24 years ago.

Walkbustaxi said:
6d995e90-e4c7-1cf4.jpg

You raise a good argument, I believe however that it was his moustache that was the main contributing factor in his pursuit of evil.

Also, Harold Shipman absolutely loved Gregg's pasties, coincidence?

As a veggie, you do notice that it tends to really annoy people when they find out. They desperately seek for a hole in your stance, 'do you eat fish?', 'But you have to eat chicken?'

I just let them get on with it, their weird views are probably born from eating diseased chicken beak slowly stewed in pigs cock and rams bellend and then rolled into what they call a 'sausage'.

It's strange having to continually apologise for not killing animals and eating their carcass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.