VERON

Kinkysboots

Please can someone tell me that the article on the daily mail online site that we are gonna swoop for Veron is some kind of sick joke.

I reckon there is truth in this but it is not happening, Veron has said it.

To my mind when united signed him I think he was close to the best non attacking midfielder in the world I remember seeing him in Italy, for Argentina and thinking United had signed a phenomenal player. he couldn't do it in the prem but back in Argentina he has worked magic again and taken the club of his childhood to become South American champions.

mancini has played with him, coached him and probably would rate him one of the best players he has played with so I don't doubt mancini would have considered it. ultimately his game didn't suit English football and I doubt it would now.

But just because he flopped at the Rags does not mean at his best he wasn't a viery good player a very good one indeed.

There are players who couldn't make it in Italy Rush, Bergkamp, Henry etc who were brilliant and players who couldn't make it in England such as Forlan and Veron who were still very good players. Horses for courses!

EalingBlue2 said:
I reckon there is truth in this but it is not happening, Veron has said it.

To my mind when united signed him I think he was close to the best non attacking midfielder in the world I remember seeing him in Italy, for Argentina and thinking United had signed a phenomenal player. he couldn't do it in the prem but back in Argentina he has worked magic again and taken the club of his childhood to become South American champions.

mancini has played with him, coached him and probably would rate him one of the best players he has played with so I don't doubt mancini would have considered it. ultimately his game didn't suit English football and I doubt it would now.

But just because he flopped at the Rags does not mean at his best he wasn't a viery good player a very good one indeed.

There are players who couldn't make it in Italy Rush, Bergkamp, Henry etc who were brilliant and players who couldn't make it in England such as Forlan and Veron who were still very good players. Horses for courses!

All very true, Ealing.

He was also a complete flop at chelski.......He couldnt cut it in the prem in his prime he is now at the very end of his career so signing him would have been a terrible move. Hopefully hes just trying to get himself in the news and it was all bollocks int he first place.

Came across this article from the Dark Side (via Newsnow). I have no doubt that the clock is ticking, but the Rags do have a point about Veron.

<a class="postlink" href="http://therepublikofmancunia.com/former-red-disproves-city-boss-ridiculous-claim/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://therepublikofmancunia.com/former ... ous-claim/</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.