Vertical Monitors

Blue Smarties

One for the tech heads, sound the @TCIB signal, etc.

I work in digital advertising and recently saw the below picture. I want to replicate that beautiful little bit of kit, but I'm having some issues finding a suitable vertical monitor. Most of the ones online seem to be based in the US or the screen doesn't seem good enough.

It's going to sit next to my retina screen iMac so the screen has to be decent (HD?) otherwise it'll bug my eyes. I have found this, but it doesn't seem to have a HDMI port, just dvi / vga, will it do the job?

Another option is apparently getting a normal monitor and a desk clamp - is this a recommended alternative?

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-08 at 11.15.46.jpeg

DVI will carry sound as long as the graphics card in your system supports it, any monitor stand that swivels should do the job all you have to do is get a decent monitor for the best output, just rotate the screen through the software within your device.

You'll pay a bit more for less of a bezel on a monitor, if it was me I would be buying a monitor with a HDMI input though.

DVI will carry sound as long as the graphics card in your system supports it, any monitor stand that swivels should do the job all you have to do is get a decent monitor for the best output, just rotate the screen through the software within your device.

You'll pay a bit more for less of a bezel on a monitor, if it was me I would be buying a monitor with a HDMI input though.

Ctrl + Alt + Arrow key in Windows to rotate your display (Left arrow = 90 dec CCW, Up arrow returns to normal orientation).

I have a dell that has a stand that allows you to flip it - the software then recognises it and flips the screen. I dont use it like that though.

My work set up is 1 4K monitor and 2 vertical monitors either side.

Vert monitors are great if you need to see a lot of text on 1 'page'

most monitors will allow you to do it as long as the stand isn't 'solid'

I'm pretty sure a lot of the illyama monitors (which are great) have the option to turn them to portrait as well as landscape? get the best of both worlds then

Yep, I had a colleague in a previous job who really preferred this vertical rendering and most displays offer the ability to turn the display 90 degrees

One for the tech heads, sound the @TCIB signal, etc.

I work in digital advertising and recently saw the below picture. I want to replicate that beautiful little bit of kit, but I'm having some issues finding a suitable vertical monitor. Most of the ones online seem to be based in the US or the screen doesn't seem good enough.

It's going to sit next to my retina screen iMac so the screen has to be decent (HD?) otherwise it'll bug my eyes. I have found this, but it doesn't seem to have a HDMI port, just dvi / vga, will it do the job?

Another option is apparently getting a normal monitor and a desk clamp - is this a recommended alternative?

View attachment 2506
As said above lots of monitors will allow vertical(portrait) orientation on their stand. If they're VESA compatible and your setup allows it though, you could mount any monitor on a VESA wall mount (extendable for choice?). Your OS will control the orientation.

For a decent screen look at IPS or LED screens and at least HDMI or Displayport.

What outputs does your Mac have?

What do you want to spend mate?

What model iMac do you have also as your right in saying that you don't want a high res iMac display and then be looking at another one with a crap res, it will do your head in.

One of the best monitors you can get is this,
Its big at 27" but the display is very nice, it can rotate, has plenty of inputs and thin bezels so looks smart.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.