Very good news about Nike

Sound that Nike are binning the rags for next year but I still can't see the quality/design improving so we'll wait and see.

**The one thing I'd like to see most is fans being able to vote on the kits, fans actually designing the kits and having a competition (as Nycfc did with their badge design)

People would still moan about the designs but atleast supporters chose what we wanted to wear.

panzer1311 said:
England , Brazil , Portugal , Barca , Utd , all have a shirts that dont pull or snag as easily as ours ,
yet we get stitched up with that ' recycled plastic ' crap .
the only good news i'd like to hear about Nike is that they've fucked off !! ........ Shit kits

same here. Umbro gear is much better quality. Not too long ago no self respecting Blue would be seen dead in that nike shite.

Lets just hope the rags get a S**T deal going forward for being greedy. They have been over estimating their popularity for years. Cant even sell out their stadium or season tickets.

I think people underestimed the influence of Nike worldwide and in sport. The exposure of ADUG and Abu Dhabi has been the main reason for the take-over, and Nike fits perfectly for reaching that goal. Umbro is not and is nothing more than a small part of Nike. Yes they made some terrific kits for us over the last few years, but none of them were sold abroad, let alone any other part of the merchandise. Over in Holland you see Umbro only in the stores that sell cheap clothing. Now you see City-tops in various sportshops, some of them with a range of trainingkits as well. And people actually buy it. Same goes for Italy, France, and Belgium. To name the countries I have visited last year.

Adidas only wants to sponsor a club that is the best in it's area. They prefer United. Therefore Nike was a better option for City. The deal may not look spectacular, but we don't know the ingredients other than what papers state. I like to think the money put in by Nike pro year will depend on City performing in the PL, in Europe, and how the sales go worldwide.

Forget the sentiment that goes with Umbro, it will not fit our club the way we are heading. Nike has positively surprised me with last season kits, all three of them who looked class. I still do have my Umbro-tops since ADUG took over and I wear them regularly and with pride. But I like the Nike-ones as well. You can't discuss taste I guess.

eversince 76 said:
I think people underestimed the influence of Nike worldwide and in sport. The exposure of ADUG and Abu Dhabi has been the main reason for the take-over, and Nike fits perfectly for reaching that goal. Umbro is not and is nothing more than a small part of Nike. Yes they made some terrific kits for us over the last few years, but none of them were sold abroad, let alone any other part of the merchandise. Over in Holland you see Umbro only in the stores that sell cheap clothing. Now you see City-tops in various sportshops, some of them with a range of trainingkits as well. And people actually buy it. Same goes for Italy, France, and Belgium. To name the countries I have visited last year.

Adidas only wants to sponsor a club that is the best in it's area. They prefer United. Therefore Nike was a better option for City. The deal may not look spectacular, but we don't know the ingredients other than what papers state. I like to think the money put in by Nike pro year will depend on City performing in the PL, in Europe, and how the sales go worldwide.

Forget the sentiment that goes with Umbro, it will not fit our club the way we are heading. Nike has positively surprised me with last season kits, all three of them who looked class. I still do have my Umbro-tops since ADUG took over and I wear them regularly and with pride. But I like the Nike-ones as well. You can't discuss taste I guess.

Adidas only wants to sponsor a club that is the best in it's area. They prefer United. They got that so wrong! Hope the rags are left with dunlop

Nike kits may well be good for business , overseas sales etc , but the quality of the material is absolutely shocking , i know someone who works for kitbag and the number of shirts returned in the first few months of the launch last year was staggering , they just pull / snag so easily .
also the price of them is astronomical ,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.