Very good news about Nike

FanchesterCity said:
I'm With Stupid said:
graphic-kit.jpg

This is largely before we were big though. But yeah, not as many as most people think. You might see lots of people in Asia wearing shirts, but outside of Japan and Korea, how many of them are real?

Apparently our figures for 2011/12 were 250,000, but you can expect that to be more after we won the title.

But more importantly:

If the survey were to include all licensed merchandise sold by football clubs, then Liverpool would be ahead of Real Madrid. Liverpool are adidas’s top-selling team in terms of sales of overall merchandise.

Who'd have thought Scousers would love a track suit.

I'm missing something here though...

if United sell 1.4 million shirts a year... and each shirt is 40 quid, that's 56 million a year.
Of that, about 50 million will be profit
The manufacturer, the retailer and the club will split that in some manner...

So how the hell is it worth 75 million a year?.... that's still effectively making it a 25 million a year sponsorship...
This is quite interesting, because it tells you which player names are the most popular.

They don't only just sell replica shirts.

Pelly Greeny said:
FanchesterCity said:
I'm With Stupid said:
graphic-kit.jpg

This is largely before we were big though. But yeah, not as many as most people think. You might see lots of people in Asia wearing shirts, but outside of Japan and Korea, how many of them are real?

Apparently our figures for 2011/12 were 250,000, but you can expect that to be more after we won the title.

But more importantly:

Who'd have thought Scousers would love a track suit.

I'm missing something here though...

if United sell 1.4 million shirts a year... and each shirt is 40 quid, that's 56 million a year.
Of that, about 50 million will be profit
The manufacturer, the retailer and the club will split that in some manner...

So how the hell is it worth 75 million a year?.... that's still effectively making it a 25 million a year sponsorship...
This is quite interesting, because it tells you which player names are the most popular.

£40 quid profit per shirt is probably generous, there will be a significant marketing and advertising charge levied per shirt to pay Ronaldo and Messi their multi millions, transport, distribution and logistics etc will be complex and will eat into the profit margin - probably looking at closer to £30 per shirt (after paying the employees 50 pence per hour). Adidas probably looking to rake in nearer £45m from Shirt Sales. Football boots make next to nothing so I guess Adidas are planning 'off the scale' sales of other merchandise and we and look forward to a mountain of 'toot' being peddled globally.

nmc said:
Pelly Greeny said:

£40 quid profit per shirt is probably generous, there will be a significant marketing and advertising charge levied per shirt to pay Ronaldo and Messi their multi millions, transport, distribution and logistics etc will be complex and will eat into the profit margin - probably looking at closer to £30 per shirt (after paying the employees 50 pence per hour). Adidas probably looking to rake in nearer £45m from Shirt Sales. Football boots make next to nothing so I guess Adidas are planning 'off the scale' sales of other merchandise and we and look forward to a mountain of 'toot' being peddled globally.

I totally agree with you, there's no way the £75m stacks up on shirt sales alone. Interestingly, the adidas deal is for kit ONLY, they don't have the rights to any other merchandise.

They are paying a huge premium (probably about £35m a year) just for the exposure it gives the brand. They're buying advertising space, the same as Chevrolet are.

Shaelumstash said:
nmc said:
Pelly Greeny said:

I totally agree with you, there's no way the £75m stacks up on shirt sales alone. Interestingly, the adidas deal is for kit ONLY, they don't have the rights to any other merchandise.

They are paying a huge premium (probably about £35m a year) just for the exposure it gives the brand. They're buying advertising space, the same as Chevrolet are.

You are correct on the sponsorship point but £35m a year to sponsor the Rags without CL football is a bit over the top - Nissan are paying £45m to sponsor the CL - an audience of circa 300m people in 200 countries.

Chelsea have shown that it's possible to catch the existing elite in terms of shirt sales.

That's enough to tell me that we will also do it.

5 years max and we'll be in the top 4.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Why aren't we getting £60m a year off 'em? MANUre still selling millions of shite shirts worldwide. Anyone got one? Me bikes needs wiping down.

I wouldn't use one of those shirts to wipe your bike, I used my mates to wipe my arse, tell you what there was more shit on my arse than before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.