Very interesting article on FFP stitch up

This is my favourite bit;

Samuel: One of the people you have got in charge of financial fair play is Jean-Luc Dehaene. He was in charge of a bank that needed to be bailed out for £5.18bn. Not Euros, pounds. How can he be in charge of financial fair play? He was meant to come here to speak and the bank went skint on that day and he had to cancel. How can he be telling a football club, this is how you run your football club?

Platini: What do you want I answer?

Samuel: Just an answer. How?

Platini: OK. I miss a penalty one day and I score a goal the day after.

Samuel: It’s a bit bigger than that, Michel, come on.

Platini: OK, it’s not an answer. But he is at the beginning of the procedure, he has a contract for some years and we will see at the end of his contract what we can do. But he is from the beginning, let us finish the procedure and then we will see what’s happened. But he was Prime Minister of Belgium with big success. OK, he lost one goal, he is not a bad player because he lost one goal.

Samuel: His bank lost £9.73bn.

Platini: OK, two goals.

In fact, Dexia Holdings, on February 23, 2012, nearly took Europe’s entire monetary system down. The Euro would have collapsed without the bail out.

Shows just how inept UEFA really are.

Samuel: One of the people you have got in charge of financial fair play is Jean-Luc Dehaene. He was in charge of a bank that needed to be bailed out for £5.18bn. Not Euros, pounds. How can he be in charge of financial fair play? He was meant to come here to speak and the bank went skint on that day and he had to cancel. How can he be telling a football club, this is how you run your football club?

Platini: OK, it’s not an answer. But he is at the beginning of the procedure, he has a contract for some years and we will see at the end of his contract what we can do. But he is from the beginning, let us finish the procedure and then we will see what’s happened. But he was Prime Minister of Belgium with big success. OK, he lost one goal, he is not a bad player because he lost one goal.

In fact, Dexia Holdings, on February 23, 2012, nearly took Europe’s entire monetary system down. The Euro would have collapsed without the bail out.

it reads like a Monty Python sketch

Genius

Or keeps good records, either way.

Thank God for Martin Samuel ... the (only?) journalist to even attempt to do what a journalist should be doing ... seeking the truth behind all the bluster.

All the others are just jumping on some sensationalist bandwagon, trying to come up with increasingly incentive ways to punish the 'evil' that is our beloved club.

My latest favourite is the suggestion that we should start next season in the fourth tier / League Two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.