Very Interesting Fact

I always thought it was a length pre-determined by at the start of the operation in case soldiers needed to relay information to another unit using a method of communication which can be intercepted.

So, A wants to know where B is. B radios back, we're 30 klicks south-east. But depending on what they've agreed a klick is, it's a completely different distance. A klick could be 50 yards or 150 yards or half a mile etc. A then knows where B is but the enemy doesn't have a clue whether B is 30m away or 30 miles away.

If that's not how it's used then it damn well should be.

Come on now lads, you've clearly not watched enough 'nam films!

A Klick. Kilometer.

Could also have stood for ketamine spaz faces though i suppose.

Axel Foley said:
Come on now lads, you've clearly not watched enough 'nam films!

A Klick. Kilometer.

Could also have stood for ketamine spaz faces though i suppose.
are you saying measurements are racist?

Depends what you're measuring i suppose. If you're only measuring Indonesian pygmies, then maybe, yes.

It's possible the KKK have formed out too

Skashion said:
I always thought it was a length pre-determined by at the start of the operation in case soldiers needed to relay information to another unit using a method of communication which can be intercepted.

So, A wants to know where B is. B radios back, we're 30 klicks south-east. But depending on what they've agreed a klick is, it's a completely different distance. A klick could be 50 yards or 150 yards or half a mile etc. A then knows where B is but the enemy doesn't have a clue whether B is 30m away or 30 miles away.

If that's not how it's used then it damn well should be.

Woah, how complicated do you want to make it for the yanks?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.