Viagogo

mansour's tow ropes said:
i reckon these profit-seeking fans would be less inclined to charge such a high fee if it wasn't for the anonymity of the viagogo system, hence the reason why the unofficial ticket exchange is so popular. face to face transactions, no bullshit, no greedy prices.

You'd think so but Seasoncards were going on eBay last season for the final two matches and attracting bids of £1000. If personal circumstances meant I was unable to make either of those matches then I'd have taken nothing but the right price for it.

I don't understand why people don't just lend their Seasoncard to a relative or friend and take 1/19th of the price for it. I've seen one today for Liverpool advertised on Facebook and we've already found someone who wants it.

gkmcfc said:
I'm interested to know if many people use this?
I've heard suggestions that prices are inflated and personally think this is the reason why many "sold out" games still had empty seats visible. Apparently part of our deal with them means we allow them to sell a portion of seats (not just season card holders) for every match.

I have to use this as I'm not a season ticket holder and don't have enough points to qualify for the games against the 'big' clubs. The process for buying tickets is ok and delivery is really efficient however I have had to pay an 'administration charge' of £47 .90 to buy 5 tickets for the Chelsea match (thats nearly the cost of a seat in itself) on top of the already inflated seat prices (increased because the seller has to pay viagogo an administration fee as well)

It seems that by charging both the seller of the ticket and the purchaser Viagogo have their cake and eat it.

ifwecouldjust...... said:
gkmcfc said:
I'm interested to know if many people use this?
I've heard suggestions that prices are inflated and personally think this is the reason why many "sold out" games still had empty seats visible. Apparently part of our deal with them means we allow them to sell a portion of seats (not just season card holders) for every match.

I have to use this as I'm not a season ticket holder and don't have enough points to qualify for the games against the 'big' clubs. The process for buying tickets is ok and delivery is really efficient however I have had to pay an 'administration charge' of £47 .90 to buy 5 tickets for the Chelsea match (thats nearly the cost of a seat in itself) on top of the already inflated seat prices (increased because the seller has to pay viagogo an administration fee as well)

It seems that by charging both the seller of the ticket and the purchaser Viagogo have their cake and eat it.
it's totally wrong though a blue card holder will be told by the club it's sold out yet people with more money can buy of viagogo even though they don't have enough points to buy a legitimate ticket it's just legalised touting

mansour's tow ropes said:
bluesmith said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:
says it all mate

Colin Bell Stand 122 T 1 £81.00 Buy
Thats because a City fan is trying to rip another City fan off.

i reckon these profit-seeking fans would be less inclined to charge such a high fee if it wasn't for the anonymity of the viagogo system, hence the reason why the unofficial ticket exchange is so popular. face to face transactions, no bullshit, no greedy prices.

Disagree. How many fans, even the regular match-going fans, do City have? Too many to know every one by name, at the very least. If you put your name up there it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference because the effort for people to track you down and abuse you would just be far too much to justify them doing it. People would still sell for inflated prices even if they put their address and telephone numbers up. The reasons they do it are twofold - for one, because they just don't think of the consequences, they only think of getting reimbursement, and if Viagogo let you charge 150% of the original price (which they do) then all the better for you receiving that money. Secondly, because sometimes people genuinely need the money, and they decide that if someone is willing to pay that fee then it justifies it. We always talk about City having a working class fanbase - well those working class fans are the same ones who frequently just can't make ends meet, and I guarantee that at least around half of people who realise they are out of money half way through a season will turn up the screws on other people to save their own necks. It's just human nature.

Would be better if all the ticket resales were just done through the club, but that's not something we can change right now (except by just refusing to use the service).

Falastur said:
Disagree. How many fans, even the regular match-going fans, do City have? Too many to know every one by name, at the very least. If you put your name up there it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference because the effort for people to track you down and abuse you would just be far too much to justify them doing it. People would still sell for inflated prices even if they put their address and telephone numbers up. The reasons they do it are twofold - for one, because they just don't think of the consequences, they only think of getting reimbursement, and if Viagogo let you charge 150% of the original price (which they do) then all the better for you receiving that money. Secondly, because sometimes people genuinely need the money, and they decide that if someone is willing to pay that fee then it justifies it. We always talk about City having a working class fanbase - well those working class fans are the same ones who frequently just can't make ends meet, and I guarantee that at least around half of people who realise they are out of money half way through a season will turn up the screws on other people to save their own necks. It's just human nature.

Would be better if all the ticket resales were just done through the club, but that's not something we can change right now (except by just refusing to use the service).

Regardless of whether you need the money or not then I still think it's wrong for anyone referring to themselves as a Blue to rip another Blue off by charging silly money for their ticket. I'm working class (the Son of a Lorry Driver and a Secretary) yet only ever want cost price for my ticket when I can't make it. Fortunately, because I have little social life or commitments outside of football, that's not very often.

Fully agree there should be a simple release and sell system through the Club but don't think they'd consider it their responsibility.

It's clearly not working though is it? OK for high demand games fans will pay over the odds but for Fulham at home? Not gonna happen. The club hasnt lost out but it'd be interesting to see if this continues next season.

I have used it once this year as and sold it at the lowest price I could.

I used to sell them on here but was messed around by someone when trying to get my ST back off them. I also have the problem now that I can't reveal who I am so if I can't give them to any mates this is my only option. I was going to look at the one on Twitter but the problem with that is you don't know who you are selling to. At least on here you can check their previous posts etc to guage what they are like before selling to them. This is a simple and hassel free way of doing it.

To be honest the only thing that I don't agree with is them selling above face value as that is just legalised touting. You will never get around the fee side of things as they are a company who needs to make money.

Glad you raised this gkmcfc. I am a Blue Card member with ticket priority costing £20 per annum. I usually get an e-mail from the club that tells me when tickets are available & I have a narrow window to apply. Last Friday I got one form the club advising me that tickets are available for Liverpool from VIAGOGO. When I clicked on, the prices quoted were £42.30 upwards. I am a Senior Citizen & never pay those prices. They were also quoting Chelsea at £79.00. I am not registered with them & never deal with them, & don't want to.So why have the club referred me to them? When I don't recall getting an e-mail from the club prior to this offering me the facility to book direct for Liverpool. This seems to indicate a very worrying trend. Am I being paranoid? or, are the club now about to start outsourcing ticket sales to this lot? I didn't buy my Blue Card to end up buying tickets through them. Comments Please........?

blueleader said:
Glad you raised this gkmcfc. I am a Blue Card member with ticket priority costing £20 per annum. I usually get an e-mail from the club that tells me when tickets are available & I have a narrow window to apply. Last Friday I got one form the club advising me that tickets are available for Liverpool from VIAGOGO. When I clicked on, the prices quoted were £42.30 upwards. I am a Senior Citizen & never pay those prices. They were also quoting Chelsea at £79.00. I am not registered with them & never deal with them, & don't want to.So why have the club referred me to them? When I don't recall getting an e-mail from the club prior to this offering me the facility to book direct for Liverpool. This seems to indicate a very worrying trend. Am I being paranoid? or, are the club now about to start outsourcing ticket sales to this lot? I didn't buy my Blue Card to end up buying tickets through them. Comments Please........?

I'm sure that like me you are all emailed by the club on a regular basis asking you to complete surveys for various issues. There is generally an area somewhere in those surveys asking you to raise other issues important to you. Make sure you raise this in every survey, if possible remember to ask the club if we really want to be associated with a company that has shall we say a dubious reputation.

Tried to get two Liverpool tickets together from there as Mrs MB wants to go and we missed the selling criteria for her. I have a ST, she has a blue card and even though we both 'qualify' to get tickets from Viagogo usually, we can't for this game as we haven't bought off them before. Farcical.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.