Vidic

Rio's too slow now to cover him. No one will go for him even if he was available.

Commentators rave about him. Supreme in the air, not so on the ground

denislawsbackheel said:
I doubt Vidic will play again!

He'll play again, but I don't think he'll be as good. Getting to an age where he's on a downwards slope, which with the serious injury he has just suffered, that slope will become a lot steeper.

Was a cracking center half though, and is still better than a lot in the top half of the prem, irrelevant of his injury.

Rumour has to be bollox, he's almost 31, we'd pay through the nose for him and there is no guarantee he'll ever be able to play at the level he was at prior to his injury.

On the last point, it will be interesting to see if he has lost anything from that injury - rags without Vidic are a lot less solid at the back.

UUBlue said:
A friend saw them together. I know it is unlikely we are interested in signing him, and as I said, Vidic may have been asking about Italian clubs. Isn't Vidic near the end of his contract?

Vidic is past his best. Injury prone too.

Clubber said:
denislawsbackheel said:

He'll play again, but I don't think he'll be as good. Getting to an age where he's on a downwards slope, which with the serious injury he has just suffered, that slope will become a lot steeper.

Was a cracking center half though, and is still better than a lot in the top half of the prem, irrelevant of his injury.

Doubt very much he'll be anywhere near the same player again, I've had an ACL reconstruction so have a pretty good idea of how it can/will limit him both physically and mentally, to play professionally and reach his old standards, no, just can't see it, I'm secretly hoping they take a chance and don't go out and buy a replacement :-).

bluemoondays said:
Rumour has to be bollox, he's almost 31, we'd pay through the nose for him and there is no guarantee he'll ever be able to play at the level he was at prior to his injury.

On the last point, it will be interesting to see if he has lost anything from that injury - rags without Vidic are a lot less solid at the back.

Lot less? They are absolute crap at the back.

Dirty Harry said:
Clubber said:
denislawsbackheel said:

Doubt very much he'll be anywhere near the same player again, I've had an ACL reconstruction so have a pretty good idea of how it can/will limit him both physically and mentally, to play professionally and reach his old standards, no, just can't see it, I'm secretly hoping they take a chance and don't go out and buy a replacement :-).

Don't say that, I've had my ACL done as well, and am still holding on to the dream Mancini will spot me out the crowd give me a run out .

Patella graft, what did you have?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.