Vieira - I've let City down

Another thing thats tickled me since Saturday is how nobody in the media has mentioned how well Paddy played, all we keep hearing is 'Oh Vieira can't run anymore'. All the ammo he needs.

1) Fair play to him for saying this.
2) I think he has been a liability and posted on here last week, that I never wanted him to play for City again.
3) HOWEVER, I thought he was great vs Villa and take back the "never wanting him in a City shirt again" if he continues to play like that.
4) Against Villa he was in a midfield 2 with NDJ. Every time I have seen him before then he has played in a three with NDJ & GB. This threesome has no shape and we lost all our outlet on the right vs Utd for instance.

So, fair play PV. Keep it up. And Mncini needs to ensure we play him in a formation that suits him and the team.

S.E.H said:
Another thing thats tickled me since Saturday is how nobody in the media has mentioned how well Paddy played, all we keep hearing is 'Oh Vieira can't run anymore'. All the ammo he needs.

Tbf MOTD did highlight Vieira's performance after the drivel about Villa being the better side.

I think Vieira's performances highlight the fallacy of trying to judge a player's performances on a single scale.

He's too slow.
He gets caught in no man's land.
His first-time distribution to the wings to set counters off has been consistently excellent.
He gets simple passes wrong.
He's great in the air.
He takes too many touches on the ball and gets dispossessed too often.
He provides great incisiveness in the final third (see second goal vs. Villa plus others).

He hasn't been shit. He hasn't been outstanding. Overall? Depends what you want out of him.

i agree with a couple of posters on here who say 'fair dues' to him for coming out with this. good luck tomorrow nite Paddy V.

If he dominates against Huddlestone tomorrow night to contribute to a win then he'll be a hero in my eyes. It's not going to be easy - he's got the intelligence compared to Huddlestone's legs.

I do think that he and De Jong are forming a better understanding now, who covers what and who goes to each man, and Viera's passing is a real asset as he knows where our forwards will be and can pick them out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.