View from the away section at Bayern

Bavarian said:
I think, its a bit naive to think that City will be the first english squad to ever win a CL-match in Munich.
1. First time for everything.
2. What's English got to do with anything?
3. Our team is based in England, of course, but our squad is hardly 'english'

Jumanji said:
Bavarian said:
I think, its a bit naive to think that City will be the first english squad to ever win a CL-match in Munich.

It wasn`t meant negative Jumanji. In Germany doubts are a much more common thing. Even die-hard-fans say: Hm that City-squad is crowded with big names. It will be a great game. Hard to say who will win. I think the conviction that City will win is an english thing and its not a bad one.

Bavarian said:
Jumanji said:
Bavarian said:

It wasn`t meant negative Jumanji. In Germany doubts are a much more common thing. Even die-hard-fans say: Hm that City-squad is crowded with big names. It will be a great game. Hard to say who will win. I think the conviction that City will win is an english thing and its not a bad one.
It's a self belief thing, mate, we know that our squad can match up to anyone in the world's on our day, so why not believe in ourselves knowing full well we have the quality and capability to win. Of course, we could very well lose, but I'd rather not think about that.

Jumanji said:
It's a self belief thing, mate, we know that our squad can match up to anyone in the world's on our day, so why not believe in ourselves knowing full well we have the quality and capability to win. Of course, we could very well lose, but I'd rather not think about that.

Both squads are packed with quality, I don't think anybody would argue with that.

Bavarian said:
bayern blade said:
cleavers said:
Anyone think we should do it when the bayern team is read out,or should we save that for united only?
I think we should, they might as well be united, much the same sort of club for me. Lived in Germany for 5 years in the 80's, and most German football fans despise them the same as most fans here despise united.

Success brings envy, envy brings hatred. Personally I love it, let em hate !

As for the "Poznan" well I have absolutely nothing against City but I do think it looks a bit daft tbh. I certainly can't see the Bayern fans or players being peeved by it.

Thats right BB; in fact I´d like to see them doing the "Poznan" after enjoying the Oktoberfest-beer for hours before :D.
Anyway - I like the optimistic way in which most City-fans seem to believe that they will win at the AA. I am reading this forum for some weeks now and I think, its a bit naive to think that City will be the first english squad to ever win a CL-match in Munich. On the other hand this optimism is not arrogant but a result of their devotion to their team. Especially since this years team of Bayern is seen as a real contender in Barcelona, Madrid or whereever people talk about Bayern.

You're probably right with oktoberfest/poznan actually :D. I am not being naive and don't expect anything easy from a top class bayern team. I personally think it will be a hard fought draw, possibly 2-2.

Cannot wait to visit Munich and the Allianz, flying Sunday so just 2 more sleeps!

Bavarian said:
You'd be wrong to think that we all think we will win, but we do all think we have a chance of winning. Those of us that are coming are really looking forward to it, and I'm sure we will enjoy it, win, draw, or even lose.

My comments about BM being despised in Germany are not because of envy of their success, but because so many support Bayern rather than their local club, because of their success. I lived in Germany for 5 years 83-88, and they were pretty disliked even then, and this was long before united got the same feelings from english fans.

For reasons best left for me, I hate Bayer Leverkusen a lot more then Bayern Munich, but that was down to the team I followed there while I lived in Germany.

Enjoy Tuesday night, I know I will, may the best team on Tuesday night win (so long as its City obviously).

cleavers said:
You'd be wrong to think that we all think we will win, but we do all think we have a chance of winning. Those of us that are coming are really looking forward to it, and I'm sure we will enjoy it, win, draw, or even lose.

My comments about BM being despised in Germany are not because of envy of their success, but because so many support Bayern rather than their local club, because of their success. I lived in Germany for 5 years 83-88, and they were pretty disliked even then, and this was long before united got the same feelings from english fans.

For reasons best left for me, I hate Bayer Leverkusen a lot more then Bayern Munich, but that was down to the team I followed there while I lived in Germany.

Enjoy Tuesday night, I know I will, may the best team on Tuesday night win (so long as its City obviously).

For what it's worth I agree with you. I despise glory seekers. I've been a Sheffield United fan for decades and all we've ever won is the fourth division.
I became a Bayern fan through watching them for years (my first game was almost 30 years back).

I think that both Bayern and City are capable of getting decent results at each others grounds tbf.

P.S. I assume you followed Köln ?

I share the sentiments of your last paragraph ( as long as Bayern win obviously :-) ).

bayern blade said:
P.S. I assume you followed Köln ?
No sorry, nothing to do with Köln, it has more to do with Leverkusen's name. A clue would be that I watched my first (and only) european semi final game watching the club I followed. I still follow their results even though they are a long way down the German football pyramid.

bayern blade said:
For what it's worth I agree with you. I despise glory seekers. I've been a Sheffield United fan for decades and all we've ever won is the fourth division.
I became a Bayern fan through watching them for years (my first game was almost 30 years back).
OMG! Where do you come from?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.