Villa v City Post match Discussion thread

Not a very good team performance tbh, but great from Hart, Lescott, De Jong and Silva.

Was so worried in the last few minutes- do the team actually want us lose all our fingernails?

Sat with Villa fans as our end sold out, sat in relative silence when we scored but beaming inside. The reaction from our fans was incredible, bringing back memories of when Micah scored in the 94th minute a few years ago.

Their support was genuinely shite, despite being told by many Villa fans I know how hard their fans are and how mental it is the holte end.

We could have dropped points today but Villa were thankfully awful and the referee was fair. I reckon if Villa want to improve, they should sign that pitch invader, what a package! (Yes, pun intended) :)

CTID

A lot of fans of other football teams won't understand why, but I am over the moon with that win.

Zabaleta, Kolarov, De Jong and Johnson all started and it can be argued that they are out second choices behind Richards, Clichy, Yaya and Nasri. For them to start, play well and get a 1-0 win away from home is top stuff for me.

I'm always more confident with Micah starting because of the attacking threat he offers, but I just love Zabaleta and today he hardly put a foot wrong and continued to impress me. I honestly think he's still improving as a player. To quote Gary Neville, I "ABSOLUTELY" love Pablo.

I've been jealous of the top teams for years who had the ability to go away from home and dig out 1 goals wins. Now we're starting to do it. Think back to 08-09.

2 more weeks at the top at least, players all coming back and looking strong for the run in. Very, very happy.

As I mentioned on the original Matchday Thread, the last team to have got 60 points after only 25 games was Arsenal in season 2007-8 and they finished third, so no complacency, please.

I am delighted with that. And as someone said before, here comes the cavalry.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Darkhorse said:
I could see that last 15-20 mins coming. I don't know why we didn't just hold onto the ball and let them run out of steam. Or some early subs.

I was very scared when I saw De Jong on the team sheet. I like the man, but I think we could have been better served by someone else. Especially with only one striker. If Dzeko was playing I wouldn't have had such a problem with it.

Just as well Nigel had a very good game then.Wonder what you would have said then?

Did he? I don't think anyone played particularly well. They played well as a team. What qualifies as a good game? How many attacking passes did he complete? He made some decent tackles to be fair, but were you that concerned by Villa that you felt our midfield destroyer was needed? We did have to rely on a set piece goal to get the win after all.

The only thing wrong for me was after we scored we should have replaced Edin with Sergio and Micah for Adam,pushing Zabba into midfield,they were never going to score in open play and we nearly paid the price twice from set pieces.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.