Villarreal v City In match Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mancini...
iceman.jpg

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
jimharri said:
whosonthebench said:
Nice to see Savic getting a start. I just hope he's up to the job.
I understand rotation, but Savic in for Lescott in a must-win game? Hmm.

Been quite impressed with Savic so far. Can't make my mind up whether Joleoninho is bona fide first choice for Mancini. Might be saving Lescott for weekend when I suppose we'll be without Vinny.

Savic will be starting next weekend so he needs some playing time. Joleon is in form and doesn't need this game.

lancs blue said:
Tricky_Trev said:
What did Balotelli get booked for? Mario will go off on 60-70 mins for Aguero, so that he doesn't get sent off.

Eh? When did he get booked? Two Villarreal players were booked at the pen, one for dissent.
ITV brought up the little box at the bottom and it said Balotelli got a yellow. I didn't see the ref show him a card, so it could have been a mistake on ITV's part.

strongbowholic said:
Tricky_Trev said:
What did Balotelli get booked for? Mario will go off on 60-70 mins for Aguero, so that he doesn't get sent off.
Agreed. When Balo went down, it wasn't clear to me that a pen had been given. The ref legged it over to where the foul was and brandished a card and I thought "oh fuck, he's off again!".

Before that, to answer your question, I think he was booked in the pushing & shoving when Silva got a foul on the edge of their area and their player was still waiting to get back on the pitch.

I think this is the case, booked for shoving and getting involved.

Blue Haze said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
jimharri said:
I understand rotation, but Savic in for Lescott in a must-win game? Hmm.

Been quite impressed with Savic so far. Can't make my mind up whether Joleoninho is bona fide first choice for Mancini. Might be saving Lescott for weekend when I suppose we'll be without Vinny.

Savic will be starting next weekend so he needs some playing time. Joleon is in form and doesn't need this game.

great point, didn't think of it like that. Done alright up to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.