Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a brief period of unconsciousness immediately post collision,i'm not sure the medical staff were aware of that,and in hindsight......he should have been replaced immediately.

This incident was pure shit luck,a couple of easy days off should do the trick,it shouldnt affect his fitness.

I think that's more his lack of match practice. He's a miles better footballer/passer than Otamendi or anyone else we could player at centre half, bar Stones, who himself is nowhere near as good at defending as Kompany is yet.

It's the complete opposite for me, although I think Kompany's a far better defender. Otamendi's way more comfortable in possession and bringing the ball out however. Kompany's semi-decent at it, but no more than that

It's the complete opposite for me, although I think Kompany's a far better defender. Otamendi's way more comfortable in possession and bringing the ball out however. Kompany's semi-decent at it, but no more than that

I think both are 'ok' but not brilliant. But good enough.

But only one of them can actually defend properly.

I think both are 'ok' but not brilliant. But good enough.

But only one of them can actually defend properly.

Yup, I'd agree with that. On the poo-ometer, which measures the degree to which I shit myself when one of them receives the ball in a tight situation, and where Stones is a 1.0 and Lescott is a 10.0, I'd say Otamendi's a 4.0 and Kompers is a 5.5

Yup, I'd agree with that. On the poo-ometer, which measures the degree to which I shit myself when one of them receives the ball in a tight situation, and where Stones is a 1.0 and Lescott is a 10.0, I'd say Otamendi's a 4.0 and Kompers is a 5.5
Haha
Lescott used to look like he was dribbling a bomb

Looking at the slo-mo replay on MOTD, he looked unconscious as he was going down. His head was whipping from side to side like one of the bobblehead things.
He's had some shit fucking luck over the last couple of years. I hope he recovers and leads us out in a champs league final. He's been a fantastic servant to the club and deserves more than the shit end of the stick he's currently getting.
Our traveling fans were fantastic with their vocal support for VK. Most fans love VK.

After being knocked out, it is sensible to rest him for at least 3 weeks. Concussion protocols in football seem lapse compared to other sports.

I wonder if we can find a way for him to be eased back, (when he is ready to return), playing for the EDS or similar?

VK needs to regain his confidence and self belief by playing games, (ideally without too much pressure).

Our traveling fans were fantastic with their vocal support for VK. Most fans love VK.

After being knocked out, it is sensible to rest him for at least 3 weeks. Concussion protocols in football seem lapse compared to other sports.

I wonder if we can find a way for him to be eased back, (when he is ready to return), playing for the EDS or similar?

VK needs to regain his confidence and self belief by playing games, (ideally without too much pressure).

Was he knocked out? I didn't see that.

You could see clearly from the television pictures, from the side, his head was wobbling without any control. He really shouldn't have been allowed to play on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.