Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the amount of football he's missed for City over the years due to injury he should maybe think about his employers first now instead of his own glory, the more he plays more chance of injury, he should retire imho, if he comes back injured it could royally screw our season.
A bit harsh to put it like that, he's the captain of his national team, clearly that is very important to him and he'll want another shot at the World Cup. If he was less passionate about playing maybe he wouldn't have been as influential for City in the past?

If one CB injury screws our season then the blame falls squarely on our recruitment strategy rather than an individual player.

If Vinny is fit he should play. If he wants to play for his country, then fine. He could get injured in any game.

A bit harsh to put it like that, he's the captain of his national team, clearly that is very important to him and he'll want another shot at the World Cup. If he was less passionate about playing maybe he wouldn't have been as influential for City in the past?

If one CB injury screws our season then the blame falls squarely on our recruitment strategy rather than an individual player.

Hazards been the captain of the national team since the Euro's .. Was captain in the absence of Kompany..then it was made full time.

Its a knock not a muscle injury I could fully u derstand if was anything serious.

That wasn't my point you were comparing Salah to Kompany and the fans reaction. As for the "knock" we won't know the extent until Pep presser.

Only a knock why are people getting all worried these things happen salah got a knock don't see Liverpool fans screaming for him to retire from international football. May be a blessing if he Misses the France game gives him a full week to prepare for the dippers game.
Salah doesn't have the same injury record for a start.

KOMPANY is injury prone his fitness is being monitered closely by the team at the Etihad dont think it gets the same attention with Belgium. I agree with the previous poster if he wants to extend his playing career needs to make that desicion sooner rather than later.

KOMPANY is injury prone his fitness is being monitered closely by the team at the Etihad dont think it gets the same attention with Belgium. I agree with the previous poster if he wants to extend his playing career needs to make that desicion sooner rather than later.
+1

Love the extremely cautious approach Pep/Pep's medical staff took, introducing Kompany back into our side. For once in a long while, Kompany has had a long stretch of staring roles injury free.

He comes across as an all or nothing kind of bloke and I doubt he cares too much about extending his career if it means sacrificing his influence on the pitch. By that I mean that he would more likely want to carry on giving his all for both us and Belgium and retire in his early thirties than call it a day on his international career for the sake of conserving energy for us at club level and playing for an extra three or four years. I might be completely wrong but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.