"Vincent Kompany and FA inconsistencies" on the blog

Ric

Administrator
New article by David Mooney on the blog now:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/index.php/2012/01/12/vincent-kompany-and-fa-inconsistencies/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/ind ... istencies/</a>

I am not.

He says he has no problem with Johnson's tackle on Lescott. Clearly that is daft. By any interpretation of that challenge, it was a red card offense. To quote from the very article:

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

Serious foul play = red card.

He *clearly* endangered the safetly of an opponent in that had he been 10 milliseconds late he would have almost certainly injured Lescott and probably broken his leg, such was the speed and totally out of control nature of the challenge. You really cannot argue otherwise when a guy is flying in at full pelt, in the air with both feet off the ground like that.

OK so was Lescott hurt? No. Was his safety endangered? Damned right it was. In fact he was extremely lucky not to have been seriously injured.

Stonking article that. Lays bare the myth of the "two footed tackle = an automatic red" and makes the point well that it's not about punishing Glen Johnson but about getting some consistency from refs and the ludicrous position taken by the FA in defending them when they are clearly wrong.

Chippy_boy said:
I am not.

He says he has no problem with Johnson's tackle on Lescott. Clearly that is daft. By any interpretation of that challenge, it was a red card offense. To quote from the very article:

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

Serious foul play = red card.

He *clearly* endangered the safetly of an opponent in that had he been 10 milliseconds late he would have almost certainly injured Lescott and probably broken his leg, such was the speed and totally out of control nature of the challenge. You really cannot argue otherwise when a guy is flying in at full pelt, in the air with both feet off the ground like that.

OK so was Lescott hurt? No. Was his safety endangered? Damned right it was. In fact he was extremely lucky not to have been seriously injured.
By virtue you therefore think Kompany's was also a red card? How you're justifying it is how people were justifying the red for his tackle.

Halfpenny said:
By virtue you therefore think Kompany's was also a red card? How you're justifying it is how people were justifying the red for his tackle.
Not at all because Kompany was entirely in control of his tackle and knew he would get the ball before Nani. He took it with his instep. Nani knew Kompany would get the ball first which is why he pulled back and spun around to chase it. There was absolutely no contact with the player.

Johnson's was as bad as Taylor on Eduardo except Eduardo was a bit too quick for him.

Personally I don't think either should be a red card offence, just yellow, but if the FA are looking to stamp out dangerous tackling, Johnson's is a hell of a lot more dangerous. Just as Drogba's was v QPR, or Evans on Holden, or Giggs on Aguero.

Very good read.

Personally, I think you can go further in stating the differences between Rooney's and Mancini's respective conduct. As far as I could tell - and happy to be corrected on this - Mancini waved the imaginary card AFTER it became clear that Skrtel wasn't getting a red - i.e. in protest at the decision not to send him off (born of the frustration of having just seen Barry sent off for a nothing challenge - though that's no mitigation). There is simply no comparing this to a player, during the game, actively looking to influence a decision prior to it being taken.

A point which that second scouse **** Gerrard seems to have missed as well in his inane ramblings about Mancini last night.

It's a bit ridiculous that this is what it has come to, but Vinnie's tackle was a Red Card offense. Same as Johnson's. It is a pity because there is something beautiful about the sliding tackle, but the rule is there for a good reason. But the f-ing fa... oh what do i say?

Twitter said:
Wayne Rooney @WayneRooney
Funny how people think i got kompany sent off. Im not ref. i didnt give red card. But it was a clear red card. 2 footed tackle

Rio Ferdinand @rioferdy5
By the way how can there be any debate about the red card yesterday?? You leave the ground with a #2footTackle = Red card #fact

This proves that these 2 tw*ts don't know the rules of the game that they participate in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.