Vincent Kompany testimonial

sorry, my post was a little unclear.

do i want to see Bellamy and Benjani back at the Etihad? Absolutely. But I'd much rather see the legends that won us our first titles in decades, given the choice.

If honest would rather see stevie redmond, Disa, Paul Moulden and Ian brightwell than edin and clichy tbf.

To me them lads are more legendary, trophys don't make legends.

But then I am a curmudgeonry old bert ;-)

I’m sure somebody’s already mentioned this so apologies if they have but two things of significance tonight (in addition to the obvious): If the crowd is greater than 47,901 then it will be the highest official crowd for a testimonial game at Manchester City. Also, tonight it is 40 years to the day since Colin Bell’s testimonial. Amazing to think that coincidence (Bell’s testimonial was rearranged) means Kompany’s night is linked with two of our other greatest players. Good luck Vincent - a pleasure watching you over these 11 years.

I’m sure somebody’s already mentioned this so apologies if they have but two things of significance tonight (in addition to the obvious): If the crowd is greater than 47,901 then it will be the highest official crowd for a testimonial game at Manchester City. Also, tonight it is 40 years to the day since Colin Bell’s testimonial. Amazing to think that coincidence (Bell’s testimonial was rearranged) means Kompany’s night is linked with two of our other greatest players. Good luck Vincent - a pleasure watching you over these 11 years.

Was the record for Bert Trautmann?

Edit: Just Googled. It was indeed for Bert but there are claims it was a doctored figure with the real number being around 60,000. Ŵhichever, I was one of them. Do you have a take on this @Gary James?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.