Vincent Kompany

nimrod said:
Does anyone think he could be a class centre back with Toure or Lescott?

Absolutely, i think he will be first choice with Lescott if we get him with Toure and Ounoha as back up! he has leadership qualities (organisation, encouraging+bollocking, presence) which very few of our players possess and which every team needs!

He does play CB for the Belgian national side and he keeps Daniel Van Buyten out, so he can't be too bad there

i absolutely love the guy
he could play in every position,
bet he's even good in net.

i seriously think it should be

Richards----Toure---Kompany--Lescott

as our back 4, i do like Nedum but he has a lot to learn, hes only young

I don't know why everyone's so worried about the defence. In the league since Given arrived, we conceded 18 in 15 games. Take away the games against the top 4 and it was 12 conceded in 11. Ned was fantastic after Shay came in, you've gotta go on form and play him. He's also quicker than road runner on steds, which is essential in this league when faced with the likes of Torres, Anelka, Agbonglahor and Defoe.

With Kompany out for the first few games, I'd like to see the following back four:

Zabaleta--------Toure--------Onuoha--------Lescott

sit Barry in front of them, then a front 5 of Ireland, Tevez, Robinho, Santa and Manu and we'll definitely score more than the opposition, and we could keep conceding that goal a game if we score 7! :P

What a bench though: Taylor, Richards/Bridge, De Jong, SWP, Bellamy, Bojinov, Petrov/Weiss

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.