Vinyl night

Blue Maverick

Went to a mates yesterday for a vinyl night, I’ve never thrown my stuff from 30 years ago he’s got a new setup turntable, speakers and amp. Wow I couldn’t believe how good it sounds, I know you have to get up to change them over and some of you lazy bastards wouldn’t do it but my god they sounded good. I have the original Blue Monday 12 inch it was stunning and my favourite Welcome to The Pleasure Dome I don’t think I’ve heard it sound better. Definitely going to buy a new setup now when I do my man cave just to listen to this stuff again.
Funny thing I went into a record shop and albums are now around £30, price on my stuff £5 for an album £2.49 for a 12 inch!?,

Went to a mates yesterday for a vinyl night, I’ve never thrown my stuff from 30 years ago he’s got a new setup turntable, speakers and amp. Wow I couldn’t believe how good it sounds, I know you have to get up to change them over and some of you lazy bastards wouldn’t do it but my god they sounded good. I have the original Blue Monday 12 inch it was stunning and my favourite Welcome to The Pleasure Dome I don’t think I’ve heard it sound better. Definitely going to buy a new setup now when I do my man cave just to listen to this stuff again.
Funny thing I went into a record shop and albums are now around £30, price on my stuff £5 for an album £2.49 for a 12 inch!?,

Car boot sales are cheaper

Our listening of music has been dumbed down with mp3 which all the younger people are used to!

The difference if you have the right set up is like chalk and cheese and because of vinyl now selling so well they are bringing out vinyl HD can’t wait for those.

I fancy getting a new deck/system. Might pop to Richer Sounds or Superfi next week for a deal.
As someone who has spent a fair bit on it over the years, I would try a decent DAC first. One of the main reasons vinyl sounds better is the way music is mastered these days rather than the equipment it's played on.
Trevor Horn knew what he was doing on WTTPD, but there's still some good stuff being produced.

I rigged up a deck and speakers outside in the garden a couple of years ago, even the neighbours love it, can't beat it, playing a Sad Cafe Live outside at the moment, classic.
Charity shops have bits of decent equipment, picked up a wharfdale amp and speakers for £20 not so long ago people simply don't know their value

I’ll be charity shop hunting for the vinyl but I’ll be getting new ish setup for home cinema so it will all be incorporated

Mr Sifter in Didsbury, King Bee in Chorlton for S/H vinyl.

As for mastering - the best mastering ever done was in the 1950s in the days of single takes, valve amps, simple miking and not a dac in sight...

Digital post production made the engineers lazy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.