Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Southampton will not sell him'. What!?
They are a proven selling club. They sell, buy cheap and sell again for profit and they are excellent at it
Fair play they do it so often and put clubs like us to shame in some aspects, but they will sell providing we pay the money they rate him for; probably circa 25M
Well it's been widely reported today that Fonte won't extend his contract so they've agreed to sell him in January. It's difficult to see them agreeing to sell VVD at the same time but next summer will be a different story and there will be a lot of interest.

Well it's been widely reported today that Fonte won't extend his contract so they've agreed to sell him in January. It's difficult to see them agreeing to sell VVD at the same time but next summer will be a different story and there will be a lot of interest.

Ahh. Wasnt aware it was meant this Jan.
To be honest they're the only club I wouldnt be surprised to sell both senior CB's in one window

Would love Fonte myself but he is obviously getting on a bit, for me the best pound for pound centre half in the prem maybe bar Alderweireld (awful spelling attempt)

'Only looks good in a defensive system' is such a flawed logic tbh..Interested to see their opinions on the best CBs in the world for those who share this view cause the likes of Godin,Alderweireld or Bonucci shouldn't make their lists.

'Southampton will not sell him'. What!?
They are a proven selling club. They sell, buy cheap and sell again for profit and they are excellent at it
Fair play they do it so often and put clubs like us to shame in some aspects, but they will sell providing we pay the money they rate him for; probably circa 25M

They only sold players because they were down to the final 2 years of their contracts and wouldn't renew, they wouldn't have sold them otherwise.

Really like the look of this lad. Tall, strong, quick, athletic and is an excellent defender. He also played a lot of games in a back 3 last season under Koeman so I think he'd adapt to playing in a Guardiola team extremely well.

It's Southampton that won't extend the contract beyond 2018 despite offering to increase his wages. Fonte will be 34 by then and wants a longer contract. Van Dijk won't be sold any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.