Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take him over Laporte personally - we need someone proven in the league, had enough mishaps at CB as is. Van Dijk suits our play style & is a bit of a monster, just wish we hadn't waited until he's got a long-term contract at Sot'on to decide we might want him, plenty of opportunities to have got him cheaper.

We have never bought a CB of Laporte's quality or future potential though. Not Ottamendi, Nastastic, Mangala, Savic etc.....Love VVD but there isn't a better CB on the planet better suited for this team than Laporte.

He is better than Airewereld in my opinion. There is just more to his game than people give him credit for.

Big, strong, reads the play well, stays generally calm, passes diligently, tackles hard supreme . in the air. His only downside is this season ending injury his just had. Pound for pound he shits on everyone of the other CBS.

That said I see the allure of Laporte. The symmetry of aleft and right footed CB combo. He is faster than Virgil, and more aggressive. He is a bit like Otamendi. Front footed, aggressive. believes in the supremacy of his defensive talent and like Ota, he too has that rabid dawg go get the ball mentality.

Virgil will be my pick, but Laporte is okay too.

Yeah I agree. I must've posted that post a while ago haha.

Van dijk's a beast, and so is Laporte

You don't think Real has real interest in Aguero or that he is good enough for them?
Both. One thing is a consequence of another. Think they'll move for Auba, Griezmann or Mbappe.

I think Isco will either sign a new deal (forcing James to leave) or leave Spain.
Why would he leave the most prestigious club in his native country? Playing time? Modric isn't getting younger, Isco will become first choice soon enough. My gut feeling is that he's just fishing for a good contract.

Both. One thing is a consequence of another. Think they'll move for Auba, Griezmann or Mbappe.

Why would he leave the most prestigious club in his native country? Playing time? Modric isn't getting younger, Isco will become first choice soon enough. My gut feeling is that he's just fishing for a good contract.

I'll put my money on kovacic being the player to replace modric. I'll be surprised if isco stays this season.

We have never bought a CB of Laporte's quality or future potential though. Not Ottamendi, Nastastic, Mangala, Savic etc.....Love VVD but there isn't a better CB on the planet better suited for this team than Laporte.
Have you honestly watched him enough to claim that? If so I'll have to just take your word on it as I can't comment, I've hardly watched the guy play a full 90 minutes. Van Dijk on the other hand I've seen plenty and am impressed the vast majority of the time. Think he ticks a lot of boxes for us.

Have you honestly watched him enough to claim that? If so I'll have to just take your word on it as I can't comment, I've hardly watched the guy play a full 90 minutes. Van Dijk on the other hand I've seen plenty and am impressed the vast majority of the time. Think he ticks a lot of boxes for us.

I don't claim to watch every game but whenever Bilbao play in Europe or when they have a big game in Spain I try to watch. I started paying attention to Laporte about 4 years ago. If Pep had to create a CB from scratch this is what he would look like. His passing is sublime. He will leave Bilbao this summer IMO...either us or Barca.

I don't claim to watch every game but whenever Bilbao play in Europe or when they have a big game in Spain I try to watch. I started paying attention to Laporte about 4 years ago. If Pep had to create a CB from scratch this is what he would look like. His passing is sublime. He will leave Bilbao this summer IMO...either us or Barca.
Fair enough, I'll take your word for it & be happy with either! Either will cost us plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.