Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what you're saying, but this seems a bit cocky no? It's not like we're the end all, be all for every player out there...
I don't know why we wouldn't be what with the incredible way we're playing. Why on earth would you say no to by far and away the worlds greatest coach?

if the rummors r true, VD heading to Liverpool, who will be the CB or LB pep will be going for west broom Evans or Espanyol Aaron Marti, anyone know? #MCFC

Peg’s Head will explode when he learns of this, very decent defender but I feel certain we have options to look at nowhere near that mad valuation

So why would a team with the best defensive record in the league shell out £75M with two first team starters coming back into the team? Some fans just like collecting sweeties whatever the inflated cost is.

Because Pep is playing a no risks game.

At Bayern he had probably the best XI in the world. Probably the best 14 or 15 in the world. But when the injuries came at the business end of the season, he didn't have the depth to finish off the major competitions and he got knocked out of the CL because of it.

Here he doesn't want 14 or 15 players, he wants 17 or 18. He wants 3 or 4 starting quality CB's, 4 starting quality fullbacks, attacking midfielders, etc. etc.

That's why he wanted VVD and that's why he wants Sanchez despite us having the best attack in Europe.

Booo! Everyone will be saying we didn’t really want him anyway but he would’ve been quality for us. £75m too much. Looks like Johnny Evans for us then

I want to see at least 5 articles in the next few days about how 75m on a defender is extortionate and ruining the game - as per the ones when we paid 50m for walker..

But, but they are over inflating the transfer market, 75 million for a centre back, what about their istree, surely they must have a Acedemy product ready...

I think a lot of factors come into this transfer saga mate. One being we don't want to pay the asking price Southampton are asking for (75mil is it?), whereas Liverpool are willing to pay the price because they're desperate. Another factor being he's weighed his options up and thinks he's more likely going to play more games at Liverpool than at us which is understandable considering Stones and Otamendi have been the best centre back partnerships in the league so far this season, and from our point of view there's no reason to fix something that's not been broken. In a way I'm actually happy that we aren't paying the asking price Southampton are after because it's a ridiculous amount of money for a centre back.
Now you put it like that, I agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.