Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again no issue with that.

What you do have to think about though is players being able to take on board what Pep wants and execute it and as seen so far, it doesn't happen over night.

If we go for him then great, im happy if the club are happy but I think we have to just take stock, realise all is not lost or that we are as bad as some want to make out and go for our absolute number 1 targets whoever they may be.
So, assuming he is our number one target, how much of a premium would you think fair, to get him now instead of the summer. I agree with your point if he isn't our main target, but I'd take him now if it was only going to cost us a few million more, probably up to 10.

You don't think the club has a limited amount of money it is willing to spend (whether it be good stewardship or simply FFP or whatever...)? Always found the "its not my money" line to be a bit short-sighted.
They do yeah, but we are so far under it that amount that it's not an issue.

Also, seeing as the club are aware what they can and can't spend, if they decide it's affordable then it's certainly not an issue for me.

Hows that for shirt sighted?

So, assuming he is our number one target, how much of a premium would you think fair, to get him now instead of the summer. I agree with your point if he isn't our main target, but I'd take him now if it was only going to cost us a few million more, probably up to 10.

Ultimately its not my money nor do i have the first clue as to what we can or cant afford.

Given that, if we want him and now then we would pay what we needed to and are happy to do.

Im an old fart and the current valuations of players make me want to throw up so while £40/50M for him is ridiculous money, its also no surprise lol.

They do yeah, but we are so far under it that amount that it's not an issue.

Also, seeing as the club are aware what they can and can't spend, if they decide it's affordable then it's certainly not an issue for me.

Hows that for shirt sighted?

That is the definition of short-sighted but I am not going get into a back and forth with you.... The concept of not overpaying for a product when you have a limited amount of resources is fairly well established.

Im an old fart and the current valuations of players make me want to throw up so while £40/50M for him is ridiculous money,
Why though mate? TV money is through the roof. I'd rather we were spending it then it making a rich royal even richer.

That is the definition of short-sighted but I am not going get into a back and forth with you.... The concept of not overpaying for a product when you have a limited amount of resources is fairly well established.
If the club pays it then they don't think they are causing themselves a problem.

You've got issues all over the show with this transfer so I'm not surprised you've got an issue with the fee as well.

You worry about bean counting all you want, I'll trust the execs that are paid to do so.

Why though mate? TV money is through the roof. I'd rather we were spending it then it making a rich royal even richer.

Its just ridiculous for a player kicking a bag of wind about that's all mate.

I'm under no illusions as to the money involved and how its benefited our club and will continue to do so but its still stupid amounts for a player.

I'm also big enough to say that if it was me or my lads getting it then it would be just fine and dandy and no issue at all ;-)

At risk of stating the obvious, if we don't get him someone else will. I would hate for the dippers or Chelski to improve because we didn't follow up on what(if any) interest were shown. He is has already stated, big and strong with leadership qualities. The exact type of player we need at the back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.