virgin broadband in the ol9 area

Lemon7277

Evening all...anyone else on here with virgin for there broadband in the ol9 area of Oldham...I currently pay for 50 Meg but for the last 7 nights I am currently getting 0.5 to 0.6 meg... Rang there help line and apparently there is going to be a nightly outage from now till end of July and they can't promise if it will even be sorted by then...the connection is that slow it won't even load a general browsing page....anyone else having issues with this ten bob company...also if anyone is with a decent broadband provider can they give us an heads up as i can give 30 days notice to these monkeys.... Thanks in advance

I'm an OL9 virgin user (ooo err), no problem with the broadband but will be giving them grief tomorrow after they fucked up my mobile contract and promised to sort it out after the bank holiday.

Edit on my mobile contract issue, spoke to another operative today who said they'll give me the contract they agreed with me in April when my next bill is due (I only want more data allowance), after kicking off they've given me free data until June when the correct contact will kick in.

M24 here, been having the same issue for the last week or so. Called them up, they said it's a local capacity issue. Estimated fix date of October 7th.

Knobheads.

Complaint Letter winging it's way to them this lunchtime. They're blatantly selling a service they knowingly can't provide. They've been upgrading 20Mbps customers to 50Mbps and this is the upshot.

Knobheads.

Still the best provider by a mile for broadband trust me. Capacity issues do cause this, however a 2 billion pounds network expansion is taking place over the next 5 year's, they have been testing 1gb broadband in Cornwall.

dr mcfc is mine said:
Evening all...anyone else on here with virgin for there broadband in the ol9 area of Oldham...I currently pay for 50 Meg but for the last 7 nights I am currently getting 0.5 to 0.6 meg... Rang there help line and apparently there is going to be a nightly outage from now till end of July and they can't promise if it will even be sorted by then...the connection is that slow it won't even load a general browsing page....anyone else having issues with this ten bob company...also if anyone is with a decent broadband provider can they give us an heads up as i can give 30 days notice to these monkeys.... Thanks in advance
Have you tried brushing the snow off the box attached to the outside the house? May in Oldham could be the issue.

Uncle Wally One Ball said:
dr mcfc is mine said:
Have you tried brushing the snow off the box attached to the outside the house? May in Oldham could be the issue.

either that or actually having electricity.

I'm OL9 and on the top package and we're having no problems. 70meg at peak times the past couple of nights. Up to 90meg in the morning

Stop being tight arses and pay the extra! ;)

if you have the top package they wont throttle your service even if there is an issue, we get 150mbps easily and neighbour pays for 30 and on average gets 1/2mbps.

pay the price and get priority service unfortunately

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.